Slaughterpriest, bloodfuelled prayers and blood blessings.

Iradekhorne

Question

Hi!

In my group of play there are some guys who say about the blood blessings of khorne aren't prayers, and we can't re-roll it with the altar.

Other ppl say about the slaughterpriest can chant his own bloodfuelled prayer, a blood blessing of khorne prayer, and a judgment with one Slaughterpriest, and they can re-roll all of them with the altar.

And I think they can only now chant 1 prayer (bloodfuelled or blessing of khorne prayer) and 1 judgement.

What is the right choice? thanks!

6 answers to this question

The poblem i see is...

"In addition to any other prayers they can chant, each PRIESTin a Khorne army knows one blessing from the Blood
Blessingsof Khorne. "

Knowing an aditional blessing allows you to chant it in adittion of his own bloodfuelled prayers?

What allow to one Slaughterpriest chant the blodfuelled prayer, and a blood blessing of khorne in the same turn?

51 minutes ago, Iradekhorne said:

The poblem i see is...

"In addition to any other prayers they can chant, each PRIESTin a Khorne army knows one blessing from the Blood
Blessingsof Khorne. "

You missed something... and this section refers to the prayers listed on the respective page. You cannot roll for prayers that are already on the warscroll and are already known by the unit. 

In addition to any other prayers they can chant, each PRIEST in a Khorne army knows one blessing from the Blood
Blessings of Khorne. You can either choose or roll for the prayer each PRIEST knows. Each Blood Blessing of Khorne
can only be chanted once per turn, regardless of how many PRIESTS know that prayer.

They are prayers and due to the wording you can do per turn: one prayer from the scroll, the chosen Blood Blessing and one judgement from your list.

Blood Blessings and judgements have some additional restrictions that do not apply to warscroll prayers.  You can only try to cast each blood blessing and judgement once per turn (similar to spells).

Warscroll prayers are still spamable and you can cast Blood Boil as many times as you have priests available.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:29 AM, Iradekhorne said:

Hi!

In my group of play there are some guys who say about the blood blessings of khorne aren't prayers, and we can't re-roll it with the altar.

Other ppl say about the slaughterpriest can chant his own bloodfuelled prayer, a blood blessing of khorne prayer, and a judgment with one Slaughterpriest, and they can re-roll all of them with the altar.

And I think they can only now chant 1 prayer (bloodfuelled or blessing of khorne prayer) and 1 judgement.

What is the right choice? thanks!

Yes, I had yesterday the same discussion, and it was by chat, so even harder to explain it properly :).

I just hope it is included soon in faq.

This one is easy, one priest can roll a warscroll prayer a blood blessing of khorne and a judgement per turn and all 3 can be rerolled

image.png.de03f07f27f7ef79ef5f44b0ced53525.png

This let you reroll prayers and judgements, blood blessings are prayers as you can see here so they can be rerolled

image.png.524a6ddfedfad0f3adfab4799959a3e3.png

And of course as we can see here slaughterpriest warscroll prayers are "prayers" so with this can clearly se they can be rerolled

image.png.0801e3e61864a1071bcb51dd0b9accc4.png

Finally  a judgement is a judgement as we can see here, so it an be rerolled

image.png.cd56b89bb13dadb31128101f200eb164.png

With this you can see you get to reroll all 3, now return to the images, and i will tell why you can summon all 3 with one priest in same turn.

Warscroll: this model (slaughterpriest can chant one of the following) with this every slaughther priest can chant 1 of the warscroll a turn (can be spammed by all priest)

Bloodblessing: 1 friendly model who knows the blessing can chant it. This does nothing to do with slaughterpriest, even warshrine can get to cast it. this rule is attached to the blessing not to the model. So as it says it can be casted by 1 and only 1, so you can cast it together with the other (this one cant be spammed as only 1 gets to cast it, but nothing prevents you to cast a different one with each priest/warshrine)

Judgement: this one exactly the same wording as the blessing but with judgement word, so again not attached to any model, can be casted by any including warshrine (this one cant be spammed, but nothing prevents you from casting diferent judgements on same turn )

And thats it, you can chant 1 warscroll because your warscroll lets you, you can chant 1 judgement and 1 bloodblessing because said prayers lets you and have nothing to do with the slaughterpriest warscroll

I hope i explained it good enough!

Archived