Regiments of Renown

The theme for this year's Realms at War is 'regiments of renown,' allowing participants to convert and paint up a special unit, along with a backstory. After the amazing creativity that people came up with for the 'Aethermy' theme last year (One guy built a laboratory on the back of a giant, another in the corpse of a giant spider) I can't wait to see what people come up with this time around.

I'd like to share the first model from mine below, along with the backstory. Also thought this might be a chance for everyone, whether they're coming to RAW or not, to share some pictures of a particular unit they've made that fits the bill, and any storylines behind them.

Backstory: https://medium.com/@daniel.summerbell/raising-the-regiment-prologue-d8b13b1f99f7 

I also did an audio version of the story if anyone prefers to listen to it while doing some hobby!

You can stream it here: 

Or download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uy7os71o0R9k0Bdvw_VsEgpteaAOC2pZ/view 

As always, comments and thoughts welcome!

IMG_3955.jpg

RoR Test Model.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

As of now I'm working on the overall theme for my army... But as it's a small town historically known for their candlemakers, it probably won't be as grand as yours... 

But who knows? There have been rumors of golems, men and halflings fighting side by side, fanning the flame of rebellion, standing up to the soulstealers of the mortal realms... 💪

Edited by Jeken
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting idea! Going to have to think hard what suits my theme best, as my renowed regiments were already covered by the Shadespire bands, Zarbag's Gitz and Mollog's Mob.

Back of my mind suggests either an elite unit of Boinggrot Bounders, the Knights that Say "BOOOIIIINNNG", try and make them resemble a Bretonian Knightly unit

Another one would be a unit of animated statues, counts as "Rockgut Troggoths" but closer resemble walking brass statues

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, Lucio said:

Interesting idea! Going to have to think hard what suits my theme best, as my renowed regiments were already covered by the Shadespire bands, Zarbag's Gitz and Mollog's Mob.

Back of my mind suggests either an elite unit of Boinggrot Bounders, the Knights that Say "BOOOIIIINNNG", try and make them resemble a Bretonian Knightly unit

Another one would be a unit of animated statues, counts as "Rockgut Troggoths" but closer resemble walking brass statues

Man, some great ideas here