Soul of the Stormhost

Hey guys, I'm quite new to AoS and I'm looking to do a Hammers of Sigmar army. One things I'm struggling with is the command ability 'Soul of the Stormhost' which states:

"You can use this command ability when a friendly HAMMERS OF SIGMAR REDEEMER unit is destroyed. If you do so, roll a dice. On a 5+ a new unit identical to the one that was destroyed is added to your army. Set up the new unit anywhere on the battlefield, more than 9" from any enemy models. You cannot use this command ability more than once per phase."

In matched play would I have to set aside points for the new units?

Thanks 😊

• 3 weeks later...

No the ability can only be used when a Stormcast Hanmer unit is destroyed so you only have the window immediately after it happens to use the ability. If you choose not to then that unit cannot be chosen again.

Though you can choose not to use it on one unit and instead on a different unit if it is destroyed in the same phase Hero, shooting, combat or even battleshock. And you can use it once for each phase in your or your opponents’ turn.

Edited by King Taloren