Fyreslayers - The Returned.

Melcavuk

With the announced new Fyreslayers I felt it was time to convert a dwarf for the first time in a while, as I'm not a huge fan of the Magmadroth model (I've just never been able to get the model to sit right even in conversions in terms of appearance) I've opted to do a counts as Runeson on Magmadroth with my character Grordret Shatterstrider, locked in an eternal battle with his Baleful Taurus mount in death as much as he ever was in life. He fell to the blades of chaos in days long since past, buried beneath a mound of bodies that would form the walls of Allpoints yet even as life fled rider and mount alike neither were willing to relinquish the battle. Light and Shadow raged war in death, their rage and eternal struggle preserving their minds even as they languished in the prisons of Nagash. Yet now as the walls of the Oublitte crumble and old souls ride forth once more Grordret rides forth once more, though which soul broke is unclear rider and mount seem to function as one mind.

First of The Returned depicted fighting through the Oublitte

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

Great idea! One thing that strikes me is that the position of the front hooves look a little like they’re bracing themselves on air, is there any scope to shift the taurus back a little so that they’re against the top of the wall, at least partly?

Might not be an issue in real life mind!

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Great idea! One thing that strikes me is that the position of the front hooves look a little like they’re bracing themselves on air, is there any scope to shift the taurus back a little so that they’re against the top of the wall, at least partly?

Might not be an issue in real life mind!

Front legs moved to be kicking into the wall infront as suggested, it does seem to give a more appealing shape to the model.

Base colours on but alot of armour and details to do next, unfortunately I'm the early tomorrow and away for the weekend after so I wont get much chance to work on him again till monday

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

Cheers guys, if this guy goes well he will be the first in a Fyreslayer army largely made up of spectral slayers, each bearing the burning handprint of this character having escaped the prisons of Nagash, it his fury and search for vengeance alone that wakes from from their spectral slumber, and even then even for a limited time before they receed into the prisons of their own minds and become mere wandering shadows of ghosts once more. Big characters and some elites will be flesh and blood, the rest will be incorporeal or halfway between spirit and flesh.

22 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Front legs moved to be kicking into the wall infront as suggested, it does seem to give a more appealing shape to the model.

Looks great! Love the light brown flesh tone as well, might try something similar on my old metal Great Taurus... if I ever get back to it!

Archived