Astreia Solbright vs. Cleansing Phalanx

JudgeFredd

Greetings fellow Stormhosts,

I'm thinking of expanding my Stormhost with a few Sacrosanct models and building to a list with Sequitors and Evocators. I like the Evocators on Dracolines espessially. Therefor I'm thinking about a regular Lord-Arcanum on Dracoline or Astreia Solbright. I always liked a cavalry theme. To have a strong battleline with the Sequitors is the second think, but I'm not to shure which way to go. Astreia and the Cleansing Phalanx seem to me to do somethink simmilar = Sequitors can reroll almost everything. With Astreia a have a model, with the Phalanx I "only" have the rules, an commandpoint and an artifact.

Do you habe any experiences with either of the two? Which one do you prefere?

I tend to argue against Astreia. As a named character she can neither have a warlord trait nor an artefact.

For the Cleansing Phalanx you want to use the Evocators' Empower on the Sequitor as you then get to reroll everything. You could use Astreia to autocast it without the possibility of it being denied, getting rerolls to hit and wound and saves in the fightphase fir the Sequitors channeling. That leaves you with a majority of your army in a single immobile blob.

I like the idea and i'd like to make a phalanx work, i just find myself valueing mobility more.

You could buy Astreia anyways and convert her into a generic female Lord-Arcanum on dracoline. Astreia herself is not an incredible good unit rulewise, her unique spell is kind off meh and that’s all she has going for her and on top of that she’s named, which means no warlord trait and no artefact. Also you have to play her in a hammers of sigmar force. If you get her, get her for your collection, but if you want a mounted hero, i would definetely consider to go for a lord-arcanum on dracoline, tauralon or Aventis.

57 minutes ago, That Guy said:

You could buy Astreia anyways and convert her into a generic female Lord-Arcanum on dracoline. Astreia herself is not an incredible good unit rulewise, her unique spell is kind off meh and that’s all she has going for her and on top of that she’s named, which means no warlord trait and no artefact. Also you have to play her in a hammers of sigmar force. If you get her, get her for your collection, but if you want a mounted hero, i would definetely consider to go for a lord-arcanum on dracoline, tauralon or Aventis.

What do you do for the conversion?  

22 hours ago, chord said:

What do you do for the conversion?  

Nothing much, you can swap out her arms, and put a different head/ bare head on. As long as she looks a bit different than astreia, you should be good to call it a generic lord arcanum.

It depends on what will your list be, to use Astreia's CA you have to go with hammers of sigmar, said that you can give her mount trait even though she's named it's not restricted, so thats +1 to hit with dracolines, bring a huge unit of sequitors and some dracolines so she will buff both, get 3 libs/juds battlelines and any general you like.

Archived