What about this soulblight 2k list?

Arlen Presleynn

I fall in love with soulblight. They bring me my first victory and with few models I can destroy my enemy. I found a little weakness in soulblight, army's like ogres can destroy vampires easy, but I don't care. 

My next game will be in 15 days and my mind is overworking with thousands of ideas. My last is this one. 

Soulblight 2k:

Swift death +2" and fly

Leaders

Manfred, Prince Vordrhai, vampire lord nightmare (general) 

Units

3x5 blood knights. 

I will start with my units nearby if each other to get all benefits with all units.  Specially 6+ salvation near general. 

What do you think about that?? 

3 hours ago, Arlen Presleynn said:

What do you think about that?? 

Any access to rend attacks just wreck us...

But the Mannfreds CA is just too sweet

I always take wolves to screen my units from charges, but I also tried some vargheist successfully, when they charge into things

I think the list can work. Mannfred's ability makes Vhordrai lots better and Vhordrai can make Mannfred cast or fight more.

But remember that the 6+ deathless save is not just by the general, all soulblight heroes gives it to units within 6''.

Well after a few hard days in real life, I remake the list. 

Soulblight 2k 

Swift death

Manfred (Vile transfer) 

Prince Vhordrai (soulpike) 

Vampire lord {General}, blood fury, nightmare, the saccharine goblet (amaranthine orb) 

Units

2x5 blood knight 

10 blood knight.

I think about change soulpike spell but I don't know what is most powerfull spells. 

Maybe I change most gorn instead blood fury, I don't know. 

Depends of mission, but I think in start with all may army compact as near I can't and try to destroy my enemies by his side, using my flying and +2" in my benefits. 

Soulpike, I choose because I think in use for avoid charges. A mortal wound in 5+roll and roll a number of dices equal as charge roll of this unit,maube my friend think two times before charge. 

Any tip or advice is very welcome for this newbie 

Thank you mates

Soulblight2K (1).pdf

32 minutes ago, Arlen Presleynn said:

Any tip or advice is very welcome for this newbi

Sorry, but you are alone in your meta...

Soulblight is not top tier, bromance is a huge pointsink in an elite army, so your positioning, target priority and stuff needs to be on point.

spell wise vile transference and the orb,yes, but also consider pinions for the vamp lord for quick repositioning 

But with LoB I can't play mannfred without neferata. In this situation, I prefer to play LoN because I want play manfred and Vhordrai this time. 

What's the problem with soulblight? They have good move, and hit hard, and you can play any Vampire mortarch. 

As I say so many times, I'm newbie. And if people with more experience than me say "soulblight sucks" well, then this is true. But I want to play mannfred + Vhordrai because I play against skaven and I need a lot of damage to destroy a lot of mice... 

What about legion if night? Could this list work on LoN alligment?? 

The problem with Soulblight is that we don't have the numbers to really deal with big hordes of enemies and take objectives from them. This is the same issue that all elite armies have, and why horde armies are stronger. We can hit hard but usually not enough to kill everything, and then they attack back and cripple us. Elites are also weak to mortal wounds: Blood Knights are 15 wounds for 240p, Skeletons have 30 wounds for 240p (or 40 for 280p). And they regenerate. But if your local scene doesn't have these kind of armies then you might still be all right!

Personally, I go with Soulblight because of theme, style and fluff. A band of vampire knights with wolves and bats is just awesome and the idea of Blood Knights moving unhindered through everything thanks to swift death is just so thematic and cool. In fluff I also prefer not being a slave to a mortarch by not being in one of the legions.

The good part with all of this, though, is that you can use the exact same models for both Soulblight and Legions. Just change between Blood Knights and Dire Wolves as battleline and you're good to go! Play around with different options and find what you like best!

14 hours ago, TMS said:

The problem with Soulblight is

...what he said. 

If you go for power/points, there are definitely other options out there, which will destroy your proud knights. Grimghast or chainrasps, wolves and skellis just to name some.

if your power creep is not that bad and everybody is playing chill a good Soulblight list can definitely bring joy and pain to the table. Alpha cheese lists will destroy you... whip you like a helpless puppy 

For sure play what you want.  If you can't play Manfred under LoB but can with Soulblight, then I would do that over LoN.  I really like the +1A LoB gives the Blood Knights and Vamp Lords (aka VLoZD).  4 great maw attacks (5 with a buff) is so good.  5 attacks buffed from the Blood Knights is a lot of damage. 

Well I should buy a million of skelly I supuse, cuz I'm only have 30...

And a lot of grave guard cuz I'm only have 20...

Tonirriw is my match, against skaven. 2k points. I will play this list because I haven't enough minis to play GHoN list... Yet. I will buy som skelly and necromancers and others things... 

2 hours ago, Arlen Presleynn said:

Well I should buy a million of

And a lot of 

Yet. I will buy som 

G-dubs approves... 😂👍

Well mates, yesterday I played with that list. Manfred Vhordrai Vamoure lord on nightmare and 2x5 bk and 10bk. 

I played against Skavens. With Grey seeker stomrfields 60 cantata and a lot of other rats with a lot of things... 

At beginning I though I made a wrong decision with my list. Well, no, my list work perfectly. I had a little bit of luck, but my knights made his work. 

Manfred and his re-roll power made Vhordrai and bk literally destructive. I made a carnage of rats and metal. 

I lose all my minis at the end but Vhordrai and I kill all others eats (Grey seeker 2 storm field and one mini that I unknow two rats y one base 60x35...🤷‍♂️) and I kill Grey seeker after that, I charge storm field and I kill them easily and kill his last mini with breath attack... 

Maybe soulblight isnt a great alligment but for me, work perfectly. 

My next game I try to play a seriously list with GHoN or sacrament and arkham... I try to find a good list by myself before ask for help. 

Oh yeah my mate is a really good player. He plays since game released and has a lot of experience. I mean, my rival wasn't a rookie like me. (I'm not say that I'm better than him, just say it wasn't a newbie match) 

Thanks for all help. 

Archived