FEC - Returning slain models

Gecktron

Question

Hi, I have a question that came up in a discussion. A person claimed that slain ghouls that were brought back via the Crypt Ghast courtier rule can be added to any Crypt Ghoul unit, even if they haven't lost any models. To be more precise, he claimed that a unit of ghouls could grow to a size of 80+ models.

Thats not how that works, right? You can only "return" models to a unit that has lost any and you can't just expand a unit past its original size if the ability doesn't explizit permit this. 

2 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Hi, I have a question that came up in a discussion. A person claimed that slain ghouls that were brought back via the Crypt Ghast courtier rule can be added to any Crypt Ghoul unit, even if they haven't lost any models. To be more precise, he claimed that a unit of ghouls could grow to a size of 80+ models.

Thats not how that works, right? You can only "return" models to a unit that has lost any and you can't just expand a unit past its original size if the ability doesn't explizit permit this. 

That's not how it works.

Ghoul Patrol used to allow you to bring models above the unit's starting size, but that Battalion was changed in the new book. He may have been confusing the rules.

13 hours ago, Requizen said:

That's not how it works.

Ghoul Patrol used to allow you to bring models above the unit's starting size, but that Battalion was changed in the new book. He may have been confusing the rules.

I guess  @Gecktron´s question is discussed in a certain thread in this forum. He is not talking about Ghoul Patrol, but about the meaning of the word "return". I guess his opponent read it and got caught up in the idea the OP of said thread proposed. I think I (and others) made a reasonable argument supporting @Gecktron´s view of the topic. Here is the thread:

I hope this will help with the issue.

Archived