Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron

boots468

Question

So, this endless spell says:

"As long as the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron is not dispelled, the caster and the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron are treated as being a single model from the caster’s army that uses the caster’s warscroll as well as the Endless Spells rules. The Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron must remain within 1" of the caster. If the caster is slain, then the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron is immediately dispelled and removed from play along with the caster."

Once it's out (and not dispelled) can future measurements be taken from the cauldron base rather than the wizard's base? As they are treated as a single model, and measurements are from that model's base? It seems odd for an arachnarok to push all its attacks / measure spell ranges  through a smaller base nearby, but if they're treated as one model I can't see how to argue against it?

3 answers to this question

On 2/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, boots468 said:

So, this endless spell says:

"As long as the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron is not dispelled, the caster and the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron are treated as being a single model from the caster’s army that uses the caster’s warscroll as well as the Endless Spells rules. The Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron must remain within 1" of the caster. If the caster is slain, then the Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron is immediately dispelled and removed from play along with the caster."

Once it's out (and not dispelled) can future measurements be taken from the cauldron base rather than the wizard's base? As they are treated as a single model, and measurements are from that model's base? It seems odd for an arachnarok to push all its attacks / measure spell ranges  through a smaller base nearby, but if they're treated as one model I can't see how to argue against it?

Yeah. I read it that way too. Have you managed to confirm that is the correct way to play it? 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, mhsellwood said:

Rules as written it would appear that you can [...]

You even have to. Just imagine the Cauldron´s base and the wizard´s base as one single object. Also remember: Stricly speaking you are not allowed to change the relative position of the Cauldron to the wizard in any way, since it can not move on its own. I hope this point is understandable - feel free to ask for a deeper explanation if that is not the case! (it is a really weird mechanic, same with the Celestar Ballista)

Archived