[LCOD] Centaur conversion

rattila

Hey everyone !

I have a few stormcast and i wanted to make something special for my general. I tought of converting Vandus Hammerhand into a sort of Centaur-Stormcast.

After all, stormcast are selectionned among all type of people, no? 

Or maybe he was a dragon-ogor killed by Ghal-Maraz...

Or maybe it is the result of an accident of the Reforging...

No one knows... but here is my project.  My question is: are you aware of someone else who have already done this? Is it not too hard to do? (i'm not ultra-strong in mini's... for now). I think its a lot of work, but i really dislike the head of the dracoth (as much as i love the idea, body and tail...)

I'll post anyway my progress in the month to come (not so much time for the hobby =(  )

Cheers!

Projet LCOD1.jpg

Projet LCOD2.jpg

Vandus's legs (his human ones) are sculpted onto the mount rather that being seperate pieces so you'd have to cleave huge chunks o the model away to get it to work. It'd be tricky as a first major conversion and not something I'd be eager to undertake. The only stormcast mount I know that has the riders legs seperate are the Gryphchargers (well and stardrake)

You could just have a second  Stormcast riding on his back! 😉 Or to hopefully be a little more constructive, perhaps you could drape some green stuff robes over where the saddle etc. was to hide the legs’ removal...? Or some similar equivalent that’s still easier than sculpting Dracoth detail.

Gryph charger centaurs would be just as cool though!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, Melcavuk said:

The only stormcast mount I know that has the riders legs seperate are the Gryphchargers (well and stardrake)

Also, Astreia Solbright's dracolion. A lot of BoC players use it to convert a dragon ogre shaggoth for this reason.

Archived