Thorns of the Briar Queen super pts efficient?

themortalgod

So I was reading the Warscroll for the Thorns of the Briar Queen (Nightvault warband) and for the first time I actually feel like an Underworlds Warband is really good in AoS. Possibly too good?

For 150 pts you get 6 slightly better than usual chainwrasp hordes model (roughly worth ~50pts), which puts the Briar Queen herself at about 100pts. 100pts for a Wizard with a decent shooting attack and a potentially game changing spell seems really good to me? Especially considering most similar wizards are in the 140pts range. 

Thoughts? I'm feeling she will be a shoe in for my NH army going forward.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:49 PM, themortalgod said:

So I was reading the Warscroll for the Thorns of the Briar Queen (Nightvault warband) and for the first time I actually feel like an Underworlds Warband is really good in AoS. Possibly too good?

For 150 pts you get 6 slightly better than usual chainwrasp hordes model (roughly worth ~50pts), which puts the Briar Queen herself at about 100pts. 100pts for a Wizard with a decent shooting attack and a potentially game changing spell seems really good to me? Especially considering most similar wizards are in the 140pts range. 

Thoughts? I'm feeling she will be a shoe in for my NH army going forward.

I am a huge fan of her as well, however she suffers from "there are better and more synergistic characters than her" syndrome.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her, she is pretty good and I will be using her a lot, but she isn't as good as a Guardian of Souls for instance.

41 minutes ago, Nevar said:

I am a huge fan of her as well, however she suffers from "there are better and more synergistic characters than her" syndrome.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her, she is pretty good and I will be using her a lot, but she isn't as good as a Guardian of Souls for instance.

Fair, but one could argue that they are not mutually exclusive. ;) I intend to run both. 

Archived