Night haunt possible list

WAAAGHdogg15

Like many, I’ve been trying to find the right list for nighthaunt. The effort below is definitely not optimal but I think has potential to be fun. Loads of tar pitting chainrasps supporting the arrowhead of 2 large bladegheist units. Reasonable magic with Reiknor and Guardian. And the black coach because that model deserves to be on the table! Also, not a grimghast reaper in sight 😊

Reikenor the Grimhailer (180) - General
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
Spirit Torment (120)
Dreadblade Harrow (100)

20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

20 x Bladegheist Revenants (320)
20 x Bladegheist Revenants (320)

Black Coach (280)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 points

The loose rationale is that Guardian + Chainrasps guard the backfield with guardian healing back rasps as needed. Meanwhile Torment will ambush along with Bladegheists with cogs to increase chance of a charge. Reiknor is there for magic output and dreadblade for character assassination. The black coach is mostly just an annoyance/support piece.

not decided on spells or items yet. Any advice on that or the list in general would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

I'd drop 10 bladeghiests and bring the chainguard if I were you

Well this has thrown up plenty of thought provoking issues.  I can’t just drop 5 from each unit because of the 40 point saving I’m getting from having full sized units but I do like the idea of having a battalion, both for command points and fewer drops and for the extra item. Don’t know if I like a 20 and a 10 but could probably live with it. Otherwise it’s drop the cogs or the Dreadblade Harrow to fit it  in snugly.... decisions decisions 🤔

Archived