Advice for Khorne 1000 point Doubles Tournament List

Agent of Chaos

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Looking at taking a 1000 point Khorne list to a doubles tournament next month. I don't know who my partner is yet (could even be from a different Grand Alliance) so I'm looking for a utility style list.  I normally only play 2000 point games so hoping those with experience in lower point games can share some wisdom. 

The Scenarios being used are 3 Places of Power, Better Part of Valour & Border War. Being able to hold objectives will be crucial.

I generally don't play Khorne without a maxed out Gore Pilgrims and there are some merits in taking a list like this as it generally shuts down the opponent's magic which could really ruin the day of another team. The pod of priests and bloodsecrator screened by the reavers make for good home objective campers (the priests blood boil the ****** out of anything that comes close) while the Blood Warriors get bronzed flesh stacked on them and try to hold a more advanced objective supported by the Khorgorath. I will be sacrificing the Reavers and have the full range of daemons available to summon. The list is definitely weak in 3 Places of Power as none of the heroes have staying power and they generally dont want to move away from each other meaning low flexibility for summoning. The list would look like this:

List 1: Allegiance: Khorne
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
1 x Khorgoraths (90)
Gore Pilgrims (200)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1

An alternative build focuses on speed and features Heroes with a little more staying power. In this list the Bloodwarriors and Bloodsecrator hold a home objective while the knights, flesh hounds, chaos lord and daemon prince use their speed to go objective hunting. Once Im able to summon something I will hopefully have some heroes in advanced positions giving me more flexibility. Apart from the flesh hounds there is very little anti magic in this list which could leave me vulnerable.  I wouldn't be opposed to dropping one unit of flesh hounds for something else but I have no idea what. I dont rate priests outside of gore pilgrims, especially one on his own, so maybe a Bloodstoker or Khorgorath would be a better fit? The alternate build looks like this:

List 2: Allegiance: Khorne
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)
Bloodsecrator (140)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives

Extra Command Points: 0

All thoughts / advice / alternative lists are welcome and appreciated!

Who are you going to face? Because both of these lists are going to have BIG problem with 40-man skeletons, Morghasts, Zombi Dragon with 3++ invulnarable, with Daughters of Khaine (2+ against witches will not save you from that amouth of attacks). Seraphon will outmatch you with points because of their cheep summoning and you are going to have big problems with killing Stegadon for example. 

Putrids from Nurgle are not good as well because amouth of mortal wounds, Great unclean with Endless gift. You don't have enough damage against Nighthaunts. Neither against fyreslayers, who are going to just deepstrike into your face. 

If in your meta such lists are strong enough, that is good. 

No idea what I will face, as is the nature of tournaments. Keep in mind all the opposing teams are made up of separate 1000 points lists so just like me they won't be able to bring all of the nasty things in one list. 40 Skeletions is 280 points so theres only so many of them they can bring.

I'm not aware of anything Khorne can bring in a 1000 point list that can deal with the things you mentioned. Hence my lists are designed more around playing the objective game as opposed to wiping my opponents. 

I could do something like this but its pretty weak for holding objectives...

Allegiance: Khorne
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (320)
Bloodstoker (80)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
30 x Bloodletters (320)
- Goreaxes

Do I really want to bring a 320 point Bloodthirster in a 1000 point list?

5 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Do I really want to bring a 320 point Bloodthirster in a 1000 point list?

I did bring one in a 2v2 match, and it worked well for me. That said, it was not in a competitive environment.

My list was:

WoK Bloodthirster
Slaughterpriest
Bloodstoker
Daemon Prince of Khorne

10x Blood Reavers
10x Blood Reavers
5x Blood Warriors
1x Khorgorath

I was with a Tzeentch bro bringing a Lord of Change, 2x 10 Tzaangors, 1 Tzaangor Shaman, 2 Things-that-shall-not-be-named.

All in all, the Slaughterpriest didn't do that great. He had Resanguination to heal the Bloodthirster, but I only got to use it twice: once on the Bloodstoker, and once on the Slaughterpriest itself.

He inflicted 3 mortal wounds on himself in the first round by rolling a one on the prayer, and no reroll because no gore pilgrims......... + the Bloodthirster got killed in one round on round 3, so in hindsight, I should have chosen another prayer like the +1 save, or even dropped the Slaughterpriest (though that sweet sweet Blood boil is nice).

As for the command ability: I used it during round 1 on the whipped Daemon Prince to fly close to an enemy hero that was out of position and snipe it. That was critical in my victory (we were playing the scenario where only heroes and wizards can score).

On round 2 and 3, the Bloodthister did use his command ability on himself.

My approach was to move slowly towards the center of the table (and the middle objective), using the Bloodreavers and Blood Warriors as a screen. My heroes and Khorgorath were just behind. As soon as I saw an opening, I sent the Bloodthirster and DP to butcher whatever they could.

If I had to change one thing, I'd remove the Khorgorath and see if I could fit anything else in my list, because it didn't do anything either.

Interesting stuff! Your experience with the priest supports my feelings on them (outside gore pilgrims) so dont think I will bring one. 

Strange that the Khorgorath did nothing. Based on your experience I've come up with another list;

- General
- Artefact: Deathdealer 
Bloodstoker (80)
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Goreslick Blades

Total: 950 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1

The concept here is for the Bloodthirster to be whipped and to kamikaze into the opposition, while the blood warriors and skull reapers move up the centre supported by the Aspiring Deathbringer and Bloodstoker. The flesh hounds chase down objectives or area deny as needed. With 2 good command abilities in the list and no battle shock protection I feel the spare command point will be important. 

I´d run something like this:

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (120)
- General
Bloodstoker (80)
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)

Battleline
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
2 x Khorgoraths (180)
2 x Khorgoraths (180)
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)
- Allies

You´ve got lots of speed (DP, Flesh Hounds, Warhounds); high quality attacks (Mighty Lord, DP, Khorgoraths), good support (Bloodstoker, Mighty Lord), really good dispel capabilities (Mighty Lord, 2x Flesh Hounds (may reroll if near DP), cheap bodies for objectiv grabbing, cheap screen against alpha strikers (Chaos Hounds). Special boon: it´s almost immune to battleshock.

• 2 weeks later...

Update; Ive been assigned a team mate so we've had the opportunity to theory craft our lists.

He is bringing a very shooty skaven list with lots of jezzails, warp fire throwers and an Arch Warlock with some endless spells. It can put out a ton of mortal wounds in the magic and shooting phase but will die to a stiff breeze in melee.

With that in mind I'm going to run the following;

- General
- Artefact: Deathdealer 
Bloodstoker (80)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives

The game plan is basically to kamikaze the bloodthirster into their lines first turn to give them something to worry about while shooting them to pieces. Then the two units of knights follow up with buffs from the lord and blood stoker and backed up by the warp fire throwers. The reavers are just there to screen the jezzails. If we pick our shooting targets carefully such that we delete small units and heroes I should be generating heaps of blood tithe much earlier than usual which will mean lots of daemons by the end of the game :-)

I'll most likely put up a tournament review of our 3 games after the event for anyone who is interested. 

On 11/14/2018 at 5:17 AM, Agent of Chaos said:

I'll most likely put up a tournament review of our 3 games after the event for anyone who is interested. 

I´m interested too.

I want to start a Khorne Tournament List and i´m curious about your tournament review.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived