Ordering/triggering of "start of hero phase abilities"

sorokyl

Question

Crossposting from the nurgle thread for the rules experts.
I have a question about "start of hero phase" rules and how it interacts with a particular nurgle trait  and the cycle of corruption. 

Say I take Grandfather's Blessing trait (start of your hero phase, move cycle of corruption forward/back)
As far as I know, you can resolve "start of your hero phase" abilities in any order you wish. Is that correct?
Say at the start of the round, cycle advances to 6. (start of your hero phase, d3 enemies d3 wounds). First thing I do at the start of my hero phase is trigger that. I then use my trait to move the cycle forward. It is still the start of my hero phase. Now I trigger the current cycle ability - at the start of their hero phase (which it still is) nurgle units heal d3 wounds. Now entering the main part of the phase, I will cast foul regenesis to change the cycle to something useful for the rest of the round. 

Is this legal? If not, is there some written rule/faq that I am missing?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

As far as I know, you can resolve "start of your hero phase" abilities in any order you wish. Is that correct?

Yes, similarly to "during your hero phase" abilities that can be resolved in any order you wish.

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Say at the start of the round, cycle advances to 6. (start of your hero phase, d3 enemies d3 wounds). First thing I do at the start of my hero phase is trigger that. I then use my trait to move the cycle forward. It is still the start of my hero phase. Now I trigger the current cycle ability - at the start of their hero phase (which it still is) nurgle units heal d3 wounds. Now entering the main part of the phase, I will cast foul regenesis to change the cycle to something useful for the rest of the round. 

Unless I'm missing something this seems to work fine.

15 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Crossposting from the nurgle thread for the rules experts.
I have a question about "start of hero phase" rules and how it interacts with a particular nurgle trait  and the cycle of corruption. 

Say I take Grandfather's Blessing trait (start of your hero phase, move cycle of corruption forward/back)

Is this legal? If not, is there some written rule/faq that I am missing?

I'm not an expert on Nurgle, but isn't this triggering the same ability (cycle of corruption) twice?

Archived