500th store ltd ed Bladegheist

JPjr

Just in case anyone was wondering the new special model out today has his own name but as far as I can see no special rules, unlike the limited Guardian of Souls, and is just an ordinary, if handsome, Bladegheist

I also got a 500th store opening battleplan but it’s in French so haven’t translated it yet.

9755BB77-26F8-4ED4-A2B7-858992C698B9.jpeg

Ah the battle plan is for an odd little one-on-one fight between Garkorr and any other model (who keeps on re-spawning after they've been killed...)

Very rough translation of the fluff...

"The Storm of Blades Challenge - As Mortarch of Grief and commander of the Nighthaunt Legions, Lady Olynder has many powers. During the preparation of her armies as the spearhead of the Nagash's Soul Wars, she challenged one of her most dangerous minions - Garkorr the Bladegheist Revenant - to reap as many enemy mirages as possible before a spirit would see him returned to the underworlds. By exercising his spinning blade on such adversaries, Garkorr will become an indispensable asset in the battles to come..."

And now I've learnt the French for spearhead I'm going to have to work that into a conversation this week...

€25 for the model. It's a really lovely sculpt, though honestly a bit pricey all things considered, the BGR standard models are all pretty tasty as they are and you're only paying €10 more for 10 of them.

I was genuinely quite surprised though they didn't give it any special abilities or make it a standalone hero. It's odd as it's not even like they chose a model from a unit that can take a 'unit leader', so you can't just sub him in for that purpose. Ah well, I wanted an excuse to go into town to grab the Moonclan warband and some paints and he'll be fun to try painting.

Anyway the battleplan was in French as I got it in my local store (Bruxelles). Flip side of it is a similar one man army scenario for the ltd ed. Primaris model. 

*edit/addendum* Just noticed I also got a Warhammer 500 eagle shaped pin badge and set of A6 postcards chucked in with everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived