An Unholy Alliance - Painting Blog

Promethean

Hi All,

So in an effort to keep my motivation up when painting (I'm notoriously terrible at keeping to one project) I've decided to keep a track of all my projects in AOS (I also play Horus Heresy but don't tell anyone here - pewpew) in this log (blog?) so I can share what I'm working on, share my passion for painting and hopefully keep going to do more.

I've tagged the post with Chaos and Death, as given my tendencies to flit about I know I'm going to dip into both GA eventually. However, I'm starting with Chaos for now.

I decided to sell of all my 8th Ed stuff as I had Skaven (and a small Wood Elf force) and couldn't be bothered re-basing. First mistake. Now I'm having to sit and wait to get going properly on the gaming side whilst borrowing a mates Seraphon (shudder) army to use whilst I'm painting and buying away.

What I would say is that whilst I didn't play a massive amount of 8th (and never played WFB before then) I'm already enjoying AOS way more than I ever did Fantasy. The loss of battleline being the victory condition and moving to objective based gaming is so much more appealing to me coming from the 40K/30k side of things. I've been in the hobby over 20 years and this is the first time I'm prioritising Fantasy miniatures over Sci-Fi ones. Touché GW, touché.

Anyway enough of my ramblings - to the miniatures!

As an update - and because I'm on a roll today after these posts have sat in draft for a while, I'm also half-way through a Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith (the WW exclusive) WIP to follow or the finished article assuming I can get it finished over the next few days.

I've also got Tamurkhan washed up and sitting in his box ready to be built up (I love that my wife bought me that!) and I've also got 3 Stormfiends on the table because.... well, Stormfiends :D

Thanks Bud 

Going fairly traditional with the Chaos Dwarfs. Gone with red/orange armour with gold trim so far. Am hoping to really expand the force out to all facets of daemons and the other stuff so I'm keeping basing consistent but otherwise going for whatever works I think!

Thanks @Soulsmith - it is a bit of both I think. Need to glaze and wash down the gold in particular but the lighting isn't helping (it's sat right under my lighting apparatus as I took the pic)

Will keep the posts updated as I do more - nothing for a couple of days though as away travelling with work :(

Archived