Lore: Nagash's reaction to Necroquake

Haven't gotten around to any recent Black Library stuff yet (it's on my list, but I haven't even finished reading all the lore in the core rulebook yet...)

Everything I have read or listened to so far takes place in the lead-up to Nagash's ritual.  Malign Portents-era stories basically.

Is there yet a published reaction from Nagash as to how his ritual panned out?  With the Necroquake, is he pleased, or upset, or frantic, or gloating, or what?  It definitely didn't go how he wanted, but it wasn't a total disaster either.

There's nothing I'm aware of yet.

However, given Nagash's previous reactions to even minor flaws in his machinations...

Remember that big project you turned in to your boss last week? The career make-or-breaker that was sleepless nights and months of overtime? The one where just after you'd filed it, Wanda from accounts emailed you to confirm whether you still needed the exact figures for the project, or if the rough estimates were okay as previously (i.e. never) discussed?

That moment right there. The mental circle of eternal hell, damnation, destruction and torment that flashed into momentary existence in your lizard brain with Wanda's name on it? Swap "Mortal Realms" for "Wanda" and make it happen.

*That* is my vote for what his reaction will be.

I'm about 1/3rd the way through Soul Wars (which covers the events of the Necroquake).  Without giving away too many spoilers (it's a seriously good book), I'd say that one thing that is portrayed is that Nagash is no longer mortal.  He doesn't feel in the way a mortal does - none of the Gods do in fact.  He has some frustration that a third-party meddled and his calculation didn't go as he'd planned, but that's more frustration that he didn't spot them until too late.  But he's a pragmatic God - what's done is done and he'll work with the results - it's certainly a win from his point of view, early on in the book there's a great scene with the Chaos Gods.

Archived