Andrew's Painting Blog

So I thought I would start posting some images of what I'm painting to motivate me to get painting a little more often.  Don't know how regularly I will post as I get limited time but thought I would share.

First up is a Kairic Acolyte I have been working on.  Motivated by Vince Venturella's Hobby Cheating videos I have been trying out his zenithal undercoating and skin painting techniques.  Still got to do another pass on the skin and a fair amount of work on everything else but learning a lot from it.  Also finally painting with glazes using medium mixed into my paints onto the wet pallet and getting much cleaner blends now.  However had an issue with this model and a number of others I was undercoating where I used P3 white spray instead of GW and it went grainy instead of smooth.  Disappointed at the result but couldn't face stripping and starting again so going to live with it and do some tests next time to get a smoother finish before I start to paint.

Kairic Acolyte.jpg

Really need to get something finished as have been jumping about all over the place starting to paint something and never finishing.   For example some Skaven I started just before AOS hit.  Have done a little more work and re-based them but not finished any still :(

skaven-wip.jpg

The acolyte looks good - I'll be starting my own Tzeentch stuff once I've moved this week.  Shame about the grainy undercoat - you can only really notice it on the metallics, and I find that photos sometimes make metallics come across like that anyway.

I do love the old school models; I remember owning most of them (apart from that Lord of Change) many, many moons ago.

Keep up the good work!

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I posted anything, progress has been slow on the painting side but getting a little more time now.

Some SwordMasters I have been working on for my order army, plan to use this color scheme on my Stormcast too (have shown this test before)

Going to get the rest of the unit upto this level and then just get a few more details and basing sorted.

IMG_2189.JPG

stormcast.JPG

Archived