Khorne Maximum Blood Tithe

Drachenbibbles

Afternoon all,

this is all gonna revolve around the Forge world Bloodthirster.

Khorne can normally only have 8 maximum Blood tithe but, as per its latest warscroll,  if your army includes the FW exalted greater daemon of khorne then your maximum goes up to 16.

Say throughout the course of the game you use this maximum of 16 blood tithe to bring in any manner of combination of deamons as per the normal summoning table but never actually the big dude himself. you played the game with this new higher maximum because the FW model could have come down but never did.  (most of you can probably guess where this is going).

So at what point is the FW thirster 'included' in your army?

He obviously doesn't have to start on the table as the whole reason the blood tithe is increased is so that he can be summoned using it later.

So you need the model then?

But using the example above he may never actually appear for tactical reasons (or w/e) in which case having the model is moot; having the model but never getting him out of the case, was it ever there at all?! (schroeder's Bloodthirster anyone?)

So you just need the warscroll then?

In which case i can make sure i bring a copy to any khorne game and that will increase my Blood tithe to 16 essentially becoming the now default amount.

This could perhaps even go a step further and you dont even need to have the warscroll with you, in the same way putting aside points in the last edition gave you access to any summonable unit (as long as you met the conditions on its scroll) having the khorne allegiance now gives access to the khorne summon units, which gives access to the Forge world Bloodthirster, which puts the max Blood tithe at 16.

Thoughts?

Josh here, from Masterpiece Miniatures. You must include the unit in your army list to take advantage of the extension of blood tithe points. If you don't like this answer, then would ask the TO before going to any events and make sure that they agree with your interpretation of the rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drachenbibbles said:

So at what point is the FW thirster 'included' in your army?

It is included in your army when it is on your list. It may seem counterintuitive due to the nature of it making it impossible to summon, but it’s probably so you can summon another one should you have two, or there are some abilities and ways to put it in reserve. 

Otherwise the 30 Bloodletters on my shelf aren’t included in my army because they’re not on my list and only become “included” once I summon them. 

In most events I've gone to since release, you need to include summonable units in your army on your roster and have them graded along with the rest of your army for your paint score, but they aren't considered to be "a part of the army" :P

Edited by AngoraDemon

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Ruddy said:

Where in the Blades of Khorne Battletome does it say that the maximum is 8 Blood Tithe Points?

Also, if I want to summon anything else, like a unit of 10 bloodletters, do they need to be included in the army roster before the match?

You replied to a 15 month old thread. It dealt with a previous version of the battletome.