Destruction Base Sizes inquiry

svnvaldez

What do you guys think the proper size for Snotlings and Aleguzzler Gargants are? I am going through the process of re-basing much of my 8th ed army now that we have been provided an official basing chart. However, after the debacle we had when they first rolled the chart out I don't know what I should think is correct and what I should think is an error that has not been corrected.

I have always assumed Aleguzzlers Gargants are sold with a 90x52mm not a 105x70mm base and Snotlings are pictured with a 40mm base not a 50mm base in the GA: Destruction book.

Does anyone know if Aleguzzlers Gargants are in fact sold with a 90x52mm? Do you guys think Snotlings are pictured with a 40mm base?

When looking at a lot of the bases from the crossover from Square to Round, it seems like they went the next size up to account for the diagonals.

EG, Goblins used to be 20mm Square bases and are now 25mm round.

Orcs used to be 25mm square bases and are now 32mm round.

Many of the 50mm square based models are now 60mm round (eg Grot bigboss on Gigantic Spider)

So then it stands to reason, since Snotlings were 40mm square bases, the 50mm rounds make sense.

12 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

What do you guys think the proper size for Snotlings and Aleguzzler Gargants are? I am going through the process of re-basing much of my 8th ed army now that we have been provided an official basing chart. However, after the debacle we had when they first rolled the chart out I don't know what I should think is correct and what I should think is an error that has not been corrected.

I have always assumed Aleguzzlers Gargants are sold with a 90x52mm not a 105x70mm base and Snotlings are pictured with a 40mm base not a 50mm base in the GA: Destruction book.

Does anyone know if Aleguzzlers Gargants are in fact sold with a 90x52mm? Do you guys think Snotlings are pictured with a 40mm base?

The giants do indeed come with 90mmx52mm. That must be one that not enough people complained about when they went back and fixed them the first time.

Gargants were boxed with 105x70 ovals in the Ironjawz Thunderfist Battleforce (first release of Gargants for AOS), and then later the 90x52s when the skirmish box was released with the 2 gargants. Based on the GW online store, it appears that the current Gargant only comes with the rectangular scenic base (I.e. It has not been reboxed yet) and no oval at all.

The first basing chart in the FAQ actually had the 90x52 listed, and then it was updated to the 105x70 in the revised version. Personally I like the 105x70 best for the extra stability and I think it's a better fit for the overall footprint of the Gargant.

Archived