Sepulchral Guard Shadespire

On 7/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, DeviantDoc said:

kudos to Tabletop Minions and the great tutorial on messy wet blending basecoat from Sam Lenz

Oh man, that video revolutionized my painting method. Been using wet blended basecoats on mostly everything I've painted since January. Adding a different colour to the shadows does so much for a model.

Your skeletons look fantastic!

awesome work here, yeah i saw that vid too, eye opening work indeed...can i ask did you lick your brush as well or is that optional for getting great results xD

again, awesome skeletons man! , especially that green robe on "mace windu" there !

Cheers MB

On 7/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, DeviantDoc said:

TY and yeah, I lick my brush ?.

I try to avoid it when painting metals, though.

@DeviantDoc

FYI - if you also use paint retarder don't lick your brush at all...it's not good for you at all :o as in very unhealthy...

also i noticed the well painted underside of the shield too, what colours did you use there if i may ask?...

Cheers MB 

5 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

@DeviantDoc

FYI - if you also use paint retarder don't lick your brush at all...it's not good for you at all :o as in very unhealthy...

also i noticed the well painted underside of the shield too, what colours did you use there if i may ask?...

Cheers MB 

The base remains the zenital highlight. 

Brushed on VGA Burnt Umber, keeping the zenital shining through. Accents with VMC black, VMC cavalry brown and VMC iraqi sand. 

Very thin layer / glaze with GW Aggrax to ty everything together.

Archived