Doing a Bonesplitterz army

amysrevenge

I'm going to be doing up a Bonesplitterz army.

I already had a big pile of Savage Orcs that I built for 8th Ed. but enver got around to painting.  And lucky me, because it was easy to snap the left hand choppas off and put on shields, so that they can be Battleline Savage Orruks rather than non-typed Morboys.

So the roster of what I have is this:

20 Savage Orruks

10 Savage Orruk Morboys (old metal Savage Orcs with two choppas)

10 Savage Orruk Boarboys (old metal ones, 5 with choppas and 5 with spears)

5 Savage Orruk Boarboy Maniaks (just bought these, still assembling)

4 Savage Big Bosses (all converted or non-GW - obviously won't be using all of them at the same time)

2 Maniak Weirdnobs (one is the actual model, in metal, the other is an old Savage Orc Shaman on Boar)

1 Wardokk (the actual model, in metal)

5 Savage Big Stabbas (3 normal, 2 converted)

1 Wurrgog Prophet (just built this, out of a Reaper Bones bugbear and boarboy bits, looks great)

A typical list out of this would come to just under 1500 points without formations.  I think I'd like to add 20 Arrowboys and that would likely get it to 2000 with formations.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleurgh.  Been too busy at work doing overtime and such to do any hobby.  Just to make myself feel better, I'm going to update what I've got, since I picked up a bit more stuff.

So the updated roster is:

20 Savage Orruks

10 Savage Orruk Morboys (old metal Savage Orcs with two choppas)

15 Savage Orruk Boarboys (old metal ones, 5 with choppas and command, 5 with spears and no command, 5 that I got second hand with choppas and another set of command, might re-build as spears so both types have command)

10 Savage Orruk Boarboy Maniaks (still assembling, just acquired a 2nd box in trade)

4 Savage Big Bosses (all converted or non-GW - obviously I won't be using all of them at the same time)

2 Maniak Weirdnobs (one is the actual model, in metal, the other is an old Savage Orc Shaman on Boar)

1 Wardokk (the actual model, in metal)

5 Savage Big Stabbas (3 normal, 2 converted)

1 Wurrgog Prophet (just built this, out of a Reaper Bones bugbear and boarboy bits, looks great, needs a bit more greenstuff work)

About all I'm looking at picking up now is one more box of infantry, at the new 20 model size - I'll build 10 more Savage Orruks and 5 Big Stabbas out of it (I have some ideas for more conversions beyond the proper bits in the box).

Also going to pick up the battletome in digital form - first digital book for me, now that I've got a decent tablet.

OK, now that I've got the Battletome and have had time to think about it, here's what I'm going for.  I'll have to convert a 2nd Wardokk out of something, but I've already got an idea.

I've stuck the same spell on both Wardokks knowing that only one of them can cast it, but it's a good spell (with that 24" range) and I like having two choices where to cast it from.

Bonesplitters Allegiance (Warpaint, Monster Hunters)

Wurrgog Prophet (140)
-Hero, General (Waaagh!-monger), Spell (Kunnin' Beast Spirits), Artefact (Mystic Waaagh! Paint)
Wardokk (80)
-Hero, Spell (Bone Krusha)
Wardokk (80)
-Hero, Spell (Bone Krusha)
Savage Orruk Morboys x 10 (120)
Brutal Rukk (40)
Savage Big Boss (100)
-Hero, Weepwood Big Shiv
Savage Orruks x 20 (280)
-Battleline, Chompas
Savage Boarboyz x 5 (120)
-Battleline, Chompas
Savage Boarboyz x 10 (240)
-Battleline, Boar Stikkas
Snaga Rukk (40)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
-Hero, Spell (Brutal Beast Spirits), Artefact (Big Wurrgog Mask)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
-Hero, Spell (Hand of Gork (or Mork)), Artefact (Ju-ju Wotnotz)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160)
-Battleline
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160)
-Battleline
Teef Rukk (40)
Savage Big Stabbas x 2 (100)
Savage Big Stabbas x 2 (100)

TOTAL POINTS: 2000
3 Warscroll Battalions - 4 Artefacts of Power
7 Deployments
14 Units
65 Models
153 Wounds

Once I get going, my plan is to buy one of the new 20-strong units and add 10 bodies to my Savage Orruks and build 5 Big Stabbas out of the other 10 guys.  I have some ideas for what to do about extra Gork Teef...  That will put me up to 10 Big Stabbas in total (I have 5 now, but they only deploy in pairs).  I'd look at dropping the Wardokks, the Morrboys, and 5 of the Boarboys to make room for points.

I'd have to buy it though.  :P  I'm riding the Bonesplitterz wave on models I already owned but hadn't painted, orthat I've recently traded for.  So far all I've bought new for this was the Battletome and one stocked box of the platic boar boys (from the square base/5 model days).  Oh and that one Bones model for $3.

Started applying paint to model last night, even though I still have a few models to assemble (the Boarboy Maniaks).  For the skin I'm doing a wash over white undercoat, it's a Secret Weapon wash.  The name might not make it past the forum swear filter - let's see:  Baby Poop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived