Plaguedudes - Opinions Wanted

Sleboda

I did four quick variations on plaguebearers. Need thoughts on what works and what doesn't. Each has a different skin color sequence. Two have blue swords, two red.

All opinions welcome (keep in mind they are quickie paint jobs just for the study).

20180703_235300.jpg

20180703_235314.jpg

20180703_235242.jpg

20180703_235223.jpg

Great work so far! I love the red swords from a retro point of view, although I think tbh the blue probably works better. I'd suggest maybe a carroburg crimson wash around the buboes and some thinned druchii violet around the wounds, just to add some depth and vary the skin tones a bit.

I like the skin color of the first with blue blade best, but the differences are small to my eye. But it seems a little more vibrant which I personally like for the plague bearers. 

Red vs Blue blades is a toss up for me, I think blue because red is more common... 

Thanks, guys.

Looking at the photos again, I did  very poor job with the camera and the angle I picked.

The variations are indeed subtle, but these photos wash them out and make it really tough to tell.  Also, the swords are nowhere near that cartoony IRL.

I've made choices now and am almost done with the unit.  I will carry on posting photos over in the July thread when they are ready.

Thanks again.

Archived