My theorycrafting app.

Drofnum

I've been teaching myself Android app development and to keep me motivated I started making an app for AoS. I use it to calculate the average damage a unit can do, then change things up to see how certain buffs affect the damage and all of that. I recently added a tool to compare two units side by side as well.

If anyone is interested in checking it out here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drofnum.mathhammer

I would love to get feedback on it or suggestions on what to add. UI design in general is something I need to improve I think. The next feature I want to add is a database of units so you can select from a drop down and pick a unit size and have everything else auto-filled for you, but that may be some ways off while I learn how to use a database in android.

4 minutes ago, Jgroover said:

Looks like a nice app. One feature that none of the damage calculators I have seen have is showing a table of how much damage would be caused against each armor class, rather than you having to pick one at a time. 

Thats a good idea actually.  I could probably add that in to the compare section easily, adding it in to the single unit area would be a bit more difficult to display well I think.

Added in the damage vs all saves.  At least in the comparison area, its actually quite helpful.  

I tested with the two different profiles for Vulkite berzerkers, cool to see where each weapon would shine.

36397400_10156010213699079_7940936437682143232_n.png.45ab7b804a03340ee9f052c9c219a7a1.png

Yeah the whole project started with me trying to decide if a Knight Azyros was worth taking as an ally for my KO.  Hope you like it, i want to figure out how to add in doing mortal wounds on 6 to hit and other such effects but I need to figure out how to do the math and program that.

Using this I just figured out how devastating a couple combinations I had in my head could be. This is awesome man. If you can ever get there, it'd be great if this app could include units themselves so we can see how, say, 20 Dryads do against five Liberators. 

2 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Using this I just figured out how devastating a couple combinations I had in my head could be. This is awesome man. If you can ever get there, it'd be great if this app could include units themselves so we can see how, say, 20 Dryads do against five Liberators. 

Yeah that is my end goal.  Just starting to learn how to get a database and all that setup for the app to interact with, I think it would be pretty handy to just select a unit from a menu and have it run the numbers for you.

• 3 months later...

Updated the app to remove the ads, they made me about $4 USD in 4-5 months.  Really not worth the annoyance for users.

I also created a pro version of the app that holds a database and you can create your own unit profiles which it will save for use in other parts of the app.  If anyone tries either and has suggestions for features let me know!

Archived