A bunch of angry dudes - Blades of Khorne

Totzro

Hi everyone, this is my paint log for my new Blades of Khorne army.

I haven't really been interested in the Khorne models until I painted the Bloodreaver warband for Shadespire the other week.
khornewarband.jpg.64e05f928972e45615e4c23233b3a7e6.jpg
I enjoyed it so much that I decided to hunt down the Bloodbound side of the old  starter set. Found a guy on facebook and happily traded them for some AdMech I had laying around.

The models were already assembled and didn't need that much cleaning up and greenstuff work. I then got started on working on the basing. My plan is to have them based and primed before the weekend, so I can bring them on my vacation to our summer house and have them as my summer project.
basing1.jpg.fcc315a0462463fbb443832938e4ed24.jpg 

Of course Khorne needs a lot of skulls for the bases so I used the excellent Skull basing kit from GW and added skulls to the bases. Some I chopped up to make them looks like they where sunken into the ground. I also added some slate to try to match details that are already there on some models and to add some variation to the bases.
basing2.jpg.0b5336f84fb953ee3e6960ac080cd02e.jpg

As the last step I'm covering the base with texture paint, which is more a convenience thing than anything else.
basing3.jpg.00a229a5d408073edb57d7f9be3730ef.jpg

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Totzro said:

Well this project lost steam. Mostly because the summer was so insanely hot. 

Anyway I painted this Khorgorath recently. 

9C6D0CBF-2F7D-4A87-BE71-509B49313D1B.jpeg

But a very good way to get back on track! Love the red to dark pink  on the skin & the bone colour!

Archived