So what happens to Sigmarite souls?

I'm not talking about Stormcast or those who Sigmar deems candidates for the Great Crusade program, so much as the more average Joes and Janes around Azyrheim and the Free Cities. Bob the Baker, Helda from HR, etc. They worship Sigmar like it's going out of style; they're faithful, remember their P&Qs,  don't ride bikes in the wrong lane and live pretty decent lives. They didn't die gloriously in battle or have talents that could make them suitable for serving as one of Sigmar's Golden Boys though, 

As far as I can tell, Nagash gets them anyway, right? On account of that time the Pantheon got smashed and thought it would be hilarious to do what Nagash wanted for once (namely get every soul that Chaos doesn't claim first). I imagine the average person doesn't really know what exactly happens to them once they die, nor would Sigmar's faithful tolerate the idea that, actually, unless you're on the highschool football team, you're kind of screwed if those nice Chaos gents decide to drag you to the sacrificial alter. 

They go to their respective underworld. That was the agreement, you mustn't forget said underworld is tailored for the specific culture and faith. Then after a time the soul will dissipate, this process empowered nagash but since you know what's going on with souls the whole process is out of wack. 

There are many underworlds for the various people, now if you are a criminal? Murderer? Etc *points at nighthaunt* that's what happens to you. Going to the underworld is far more preferable than what chaos does to souls. 

23 minutes ago, shinros said:

They go to their respective underworld. That was the agreement, you mustn't forget said underworld is tailored for the specific culture and faith. Then after a time the soul will dissipate, this process empowered nagash but since you know what's going on with souls the whole process is out of wack. 

There are many underworlds for the various people, now if you are a criminal? Murderer? Etc *points at nighthaunt* that's what happens to you. Going to the underworld is far more preferable than what chaos does to souls. 

I was under the impression that was the case until Nagash devoured all of them - or at least the Death deities - and now it's pretty much whatever Nagash wants it to be? It certainly paints a much less grim picture of Skeletor if he allowed that to continue.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I was under the impression that was the case until Nagash devoured all of them - or at least the Death deities - and now it's pretty much whatever Nagash wants it to be? It certainly paints a much less grim picture of Skeletor if he allowed that to continue.

Yeah that was the first order of business when he was freed, spear of shadows goes into this. Someone was nice enough to post a picture of the page in the malign portent thread. Nagash has "kinder" aspects that sorts people into their respective underworlds. 

9D7C4519-D524-4AA4-BD8F-EDD37F799903.jpe

I have not read the novels, but from the fluff I have read in Legions of Nagash it implies that Nagash still holds to the original ordered plan.  He still upholds the deal of the various souls going to their own little pocket-dimension afterlifes within the Realm of Shysh.  He seems to view that as part of his job and upholds his end of the bargain.  He just seems to get really pissed off when people intrude into his business.  Plus, I think he becomes stronger by having those souls under his guard and possibly when they finally dissipate.  So when those souls don't come to him he views it as a form of embezzlement and I guess he does like people grifting from him.

Archived