The Kitbash Competition - June (Participation)

Once again we join for the third ever Kitbash competition. This months theme is easy to build.

Using any of the easy to build kits from GW (from the list below) build a hero or character.

If you're looking for the complete projects thread click here

Here are the rules

1. The finished model is not to be painted but photographed as bare metal/plastic/whatever but if you have painted/primed it black and white photo's are okay

2. Its got to be to the 28mm scale of warhammer, no foot high beautifully sculpted monstrosities.

3. Greenstuff can be used to sculpt new features but there must be a recognisable easy to build base.

4. Each entrant can post Multiple entries without limit

5. 1 calendar month build time so anytime between today (2/06/2018) and a month from now (2/07/2018)

6. Have fun

How to enter

In the participation thread post something along the lines of "I (insert username here) undertake this month's challenge to build at least one hero from an easy to build base"

In the participation thread feel free to post WIP pictures and swap ideas but once you have finished your mini/unit post in the completed projects thread stating that this is indeed one of your projects and a series of 5 photo's as shown below. 

1 Front view

20180222_154806.jpg.0a44378b8ec383106c28ba6aeb0d9487.jpg

2 Right view

20180222_154812.jpg.610c3b7c4998f62fa667c753f1d04105.jpg

3 Rear View

20180222_154818.jpg.642141d670aa8facd613e497c4e97cbb.jpg

4 Left View

20180222_154824.jpg.a0829bc694303adf00655c2c8492b76d.jpg

5 Dramatic angle (not necessarily this angle just an angle that you feel best shows off your mini)

20180222_154839.jpg.358e7b9dd5c6461a5c13016fd7fbb095.jpg

Once the challenge closes I will run a poll to decide and audience favourite as the grand champ and I'll declare a personal favourite as well.

Eligable kits are

chaos warriors 3 pack

skeleton warriors 5 pack

ork boiz 4 pack

easy to build liberators (including the single one you can buy with the magazine)

easy to build retributors (including parts from the starter set/thunder and blood)

easy to build bloodreavers (including parts from the starter set/thunder and blood)

easy to build blood warriors (including parts from the starter set/thunder and blood)

any of the shadespire warbands (including parts from the starter set/thunder and blood)

chaos cultists 

40k ork boiz 4 pack

eldar guardians 4 pack

tyranid termagaunts 5 pack

cadians 5 pack

space marines 3 pack

chaos space marines 3 pack

easy to build intercessors (including parts from the dark imperium or know no fear)

easy to build reivers (including parts from the dark imperium or know no fear)

easy to build aggressors (including parts from the dark imperium or know no fear)

easy to build redemptor dreadnought

easy to build myphitic blighthauler

easy to build pox walkers (including parts from the dark imperium or know no fear)

easy to build plague marines (including parts from the dark imperium or know no fear)

easy to build lord felthius and the tainted cohort

Blood bowl teams (if they're easy to build)

these kits have to be used as the chassis for your build but you can bring in parts from any other kit in order to create your hero/character

5 minutes ago, obaobaboss said:

Aren't the blood bowl teams also easy to build? 

I obaobaboss undertake this month's challenge to build at least one hero from an easy to build base

i don't know anything about blood bowl so i can't comment

The skaven blood bowl team is easy-to-build. I'd assume that goes for the others as well.

I assume we're free to do whatever crazy stuff we feel like, as long as easy-to-build kits form the baseline/core of it?

8 hours ago, Mayple said:

The skaven blood bowl team is easy-to-build. I'd assume that goes for the others as well.

I assume we're free to do whatever crazy stuff we feel like, as long as easy-to-build kits form the baseline/core of it?

Yep, i have some examples sitting around if this needs clarification.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, flemingmma said:

If any of the new soul wars easy to build kits are released before the end of the month they too can be used

Yeah, I've got some fancy ideas for that, so hopefully :) A lot of the new nighthaunt models could be great for Skaven.

Perhaps a small extension on this particular theme could be fitting in light of the new releases?

3 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Yeah, I've got some fancy ideas for that, so hopefully :) A lot of the new nighthaunt models could be great for Skaven.

Perhaps a small extension on this particular theme could be fitting in light of the new releases?

I'll extend this month to the 7th and next months theme will be SOUL WARS!!!!!

4 minutes ago, flemingmma said:

I'll extend this month to the 7th and next months theme will be SOUL WARS!!!!!

I'll see if I can get ahold of one of the new kits by the 7th then, and I'll definitely have something cool for next month's theme ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at this one now!

Got given a free Sequitor (and a bit, because it's one of 3 I guess of the ETB kits). 

I've also got some spare hammers. I've ordered some little nail art metal cogs and clock pieces....

Gonna try and kitbash a female Lord Ordinator! Hope the bits all come today because I can see I'm very short on time here!

Archived