Upgrading da' Boyz!

So I've decided to stick with a mix of Greenskin and Ironjaws Orruks for a mixed Destruction army until Greenskins get a battletome of their own.

In the spirit of this, I want my Greenskin boyz to mesh well with my Ironjaws and have been trying to figure out my best option for shoulder bits to give them a more armored out look. So far I'm liking the Boarboyz shoulder pads, but I'm not sure they'll look right on normal boyz without the under pad that the Boarboyz have to put the shoulder bit on top of.

So where do you guys think I could salvage some eavy' armoured shoulder bits from that would fit the mixed theme? 40k's an option so long as they'll fit the boyz.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

My fallback for armoured shoulder pads has always been Space Marine shoulder pads with the trim cut off, for Orks this also works for elbow pads for the larger models.

Other than that, your usual suspects are 40k Boyz, 40k Nobz, Boarboyz, and Chaos Warriors/Knights with the logos cut off.

Yes they do!

I really wanted to get my hands on a boatload of boarboyz shoulders, but for the life of me I couldn't find any in stock anywhere. After Soul showed that my concern about nob shoulders not fitting was false, I'm rather excited to get the in the mail and start piecing them together.

I've also though about magnetizing their shield arm and magnetizing some 40k shootas/sluggas to use them as 40k boyz now that I'm using the nob shoulders.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Archived