Katophranes Unleashed

Just as a side project while I work on organizing my local tournaments and the AoSFanzine, I thought i'd get back into doodling up concepts for stuff. I'll be updating this thread with content as I attempt to construct a full force of Katophrane Dominion with art and custom warscrolls.

CONCEPT:
As Nagash is eventually thwarted by the forces of order, he will probably scramble to restore his ruined lands. Hopefully this leads to some unlikely returns, as Nagash restores the katophranes to a physical unlife, only manifested if they can manage to protect their soul shards, the one resource that keeps their life and memories intact. Knowing they must serve him in this life, in contrary to their last, they change their guiding principle to the collection of knowledge, stealing the lives of the best Scholars, Warlords, Mages, and more in shards that they soon come to hoard. Their leader and the rest of the nobles of course are constantly plotting to overthrow nagash, but know fully well that nagash is near impossible to get a drop on. With this, they commit his will in the war of the realms, but use the opportunity to search for the right combination of knowledge to destroy nagash and take shyish for their own as an ultimate revenge.

The Katophranes are a genius people, gatekeepers to constructs and magical mechanisms that far surpass the best scholars in the realms. Due to the Noble's importance in society, they enlist the most elite warriors in the ranks, who now after returning from the deathless limbo are tirelessly hungry to destroy their foes, each fueled by their hatred of Nagash. From elite warriors of the Katophrane Guard to the gargantuan construct The Nihilossus, there are plenty of ways to play the Katophranes!

First warscroll for now:

KATOPHRANE GUARD

katophrane2.PNG.72833bab2a085b6322b399fd3d1cbcf2.PNGkatophrane-guard.jpg.ae1e29f2e08fd64a200ebc003b0f895d.jpg

I'll have more soon! Stay Tuned!

Hi,

The idea sounds interesting, but one thing in mind.

Why should you take a Katophrane Guard only having an Axe (your description tells us that all units have axes, some also have daggers and the Warden has a Spear in addition), makes 2 Weapons for normal models and 3 Weapons for the Warden.

Perhaps it would make more sense to have an either/or choice in some sort.

In case of the Spear (I know it's Warden only at the moment) most of the time you trade the longer range with a debuff in To-Hit Value). In this Warscroll you simply could give the Warden an Addional attack for the Axe, so he doesn't need 3 to 4 arms, that he could attack with all 3 Weapons in 1 combat phase.

Archived