Legion of Night: help with tactics

Tobjen99

Hi, i started with warhammer AOS after christmas and love it. I would like some help with tactics, artifacts, commandtraits and maby wich spells i should choose. 

My list:

Legion of Night

Heroes:

VLoZD, general, Amaranthine Orb

Vampire Lord, Vile Transference or Spirit Gale

Necromancer, Overwhelming Dread

Necromancer, Fading Vigur or Spectral Grasp

Battleline:

Skeleton wariors, 40, spears

Dire wolf 2x5

Other:

Grave Guard: great wight blades, 30(one group)

Morghast Hardbringer, spirit halberd

Vargeist

My plan is to field the warriors on one side and the grave guard on the otherside and push forward to the limit off  "The bait" battle traits effect, they will be supported by 2 necromancers. I think i will put one off my units off direwolfs on one of the edges with the vampire lord behind or maby put the vampire lord in the middle to support my skeletons. Vargheist and Morghast will be in ambush with one unit off direwolf and maby the VLoZD(if i use Above Suspicion). I can also use the command trait "Blade off dark summons" to summon the direwolf i want to have in ambush.

Well that was some off my thoughts^ I don't know if they will work or are allowed, in my head it looks awsome! My opponents is a SCE, Khorne mixed with Slaves to darknes and Seraphon.

Thanks for any tip, i have played 2 games so far with a Sacrament list but i did not like how sacrament works, i prefer more speed/ ambush!

Beware of carnosaur from seraphon...almost made my morghast flee  O.O 

For the ambush, I think overwhelming force should be applied that’s why I bring just 4 harbringers ... but depending on the scenario other options might be better

Archived