Mandzak-Miniatures Projects

Nice to see te proces on creating this guy. I like the movement the second stole gives, but also like te clean look he has without a stole. It may depend on what you are planning with painting. If you want to do some fancy freehand on the cloth the stole might just be in the way/distracting. 

18 hours ago, elfhead said:

Nice to see te proces on creating this guy. I like the movement the second stole gives, but also like te clean look he has without a stole. It may depend on what you are planning with painting. If you want to do some fancy freehand on the cloth the stole might just be in the way/distracting. 

Thank you, it’s fun to see how a project can evolve.

I am not sure about the paint job yet. I will most likely use a similar scheme as the vizier from the film (works already done).

Cast your votes on the stole! In about 4 hours I will be moving on with the project to get more work done!

While not an update on the vizier (been much too busy this week), since the Beastman reveal I thought I would dig out an old conversion.

He is at least 12 years old and of course unfinished. He was going to be a shaman for a beastman Mordheim warband.

I wanted to go for something that wasn’t a typical beastman group. Naturally some sort of tzeentch bird shaman made sense to me.

So I made this Heron inspired shaman. At the time I thought it would be cool to make him more like a swamp dwelling shaman, hence his uprooted tree with swirly rock. But after reviewing him I think taking him more along the lines with some tzeentch arcanite & tzaangor inspiration? If I have time I’d definitely rework his under arm feathers lol.

that do you guys think? Btw he is very tall!

9FAFD9FC-4DCA-41C3-B1DC-8F51B12AB7B3.jpeg.d0abb891a0fe55dea8de8b07ffe5e015.jpegCC314E68-3C26-4CFD-A815-A91E69DE3D2D.jpeg.4848d6835af3e9716f7dff0f11e55a89.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

That’s quite cool, but the head will need some work imo, he looks a bit to unmean ... is that a word? But yeah other than that I think that’s a really cool idea and would love to see it finished.

I had planned on giving him some teeth similar to a prehistoric bird or now more like the tzaangors.

Back burner project, just not sure if it should go in the direction of making him more armored like a tzaangor and changing his staff OR making him more like a feral swamp critter

Archived