New to Ironjawz - 2k list and questions

SuperKick

Hi Folks, 

Just picked up an Ironjawz army online and had my 1st game which went well :)

I've got a 1 day tournament this weekend and have made the below list, just looking for any thoughts, It's currently all the models I have. Though I do have one extra warchanter. 

The Megaboss on Maw-Krusha is kitted out as Gordrakk so I could switch him in instead (hoping no one minds me running him as megaboss given the weapons aren't the same, will check with TO)

Everything else is kitted as its built. 

Questions:

Change anything up? artefacts, unit sizes etc.?

Any general tactics advice you could add or point me towards?

If I was too expand would you look to add?

I'm assuming i'm ok to give two aretfacts from the same table, I've seen in other battletomes its normally one from the list but can see its not stated in the artefact table for Ironjaws, i'm also assuming I could double artefact someone if I wanted? 

Is it normally the done thing to have the ardboys with drums/banners use the single hand weapon profile? or could I give them choppas and smashas like the rest of the unit? 

I'm thinking 1 per 10 on the drummers/ banners is cool with most people?

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460) 
Choppa & Rip-tooth fist 
- General
- Command Trait : Ironclad
- Artefact : Daubing of Mork

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact : Destroyer

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units

6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Pig Iron Choppas 

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 3 x Two Brute Choppas
- 1 x Gore Choppas
- 1 x Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 3 x Two Brute Choppas
- 1 x Gore Choppas
- 1 x Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha

20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- x2 drummer
- x2 Icon of Gork
- 18 x Pair of Choppas and Smashas
- 2 x Big Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4 Wounds: 133 

You might find it more useful for playing the objective game to split the Ardboyz and/or Gore Gruntas up into two smaller units of 10 / 3 respectively.

Conversely the two small 5 orc brute squads are great, but if you combine then into one unit of 10 they make a much nicer target for your warchanter buff! Either way can be great but it's worth thinking about!

Welcome to the Waaagh! And good luck B|

Don't run blocks of 20 Ardboys, either run them as 10x10 or as a block of 30. If you don't want either of those swap to a block of 10 brutes instead.

Gotta go find my Ardboys weapon post again....

EDIT: I really need to put this somewhere I can find it easily....

Look very much like my weirdfist like i want to test: Just replace the ironfist for weirdfist :)

Ironfist is good (mobility can't be bad) but i think weirdfist might bring you more flexibility (snipe small character or weaken a unit then charge with MK to finish it then charge again). 

Another variant is instead of playing the super Mawkrusha, you could split your threat: Make the Megaboss the general with prophet of the waaaaagghhhh. That way if your MK die you still have your general (with 30% odds of hitting the double waaaaghh). 

Also, i think the boss skewer if a must (the +1 bravery really help brutes, and -1 to opponent bravery might net you couple of model during the game)

In any case, good luck!

Archived