Stardrake's Cavernous Jaws

stormlove

Question

Hi, I have a question about the stardrake's Cavernous Jaws ability.

The rule says the 

"After this model piles in", but before it attacks, pick an enemy model within 3" and roll a dice.

So, If the stardrake cannot pile in (in case of already contact with other models), this model cannot use Cavernous Jaws ability?

or

The rule says just timing that this Stradrake can use Cavernous Jaws ability when he don't pile in?

When I search web about this problem, I cannont find exactly reasonable answer

So, I want know examples of tournament.

How this ability was used in offical tournament?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, stormlove said:

Hi, I have a question about the stardrake's Cavernous Jaws ability.

The rule says the 

"After this model piles in", but before it attacks, pick an enemy model within 3" and roll a dice.

So, If the stardrake cannot pile in (in case of already contact with other models), this model cannot use Cavernous Jaws ability?

or

The rule says just timing that this Stradrake can use Cavernous Jaws ability when he don't pile in?

When I search web about this problem, I cannont find exactly reasonable answer

So, I want know examples of tournament.

How this ability was used in offical tournament?

Thank you.

A unit always piles in before it attacks, regardless of whether it moves as a result of the pile in.

31 minutes ago, stormlove said:

You mean that 0 inch pile-in is pile-in?

It's more a step of units activation in the combat phase. First it has the "pile in step", where it can move closer to a enemy unit if there are units in close combat range, but you don't have to move and second the "attacking step".  Cavernous Jaws only says that its activated beween both steps.

Archived