Experienced Player joins the 'Dead'

Spiny Norman

Hi guys,

I already mentioned before, that I was diligently painting up a new Death army. I always liked the theme and I desperately needed a new project.

I already have a neatly painted Terrorgheist left form WHFB and an half painted Arkhan. So I totally was looking forward to slip them in a 1000+ list. As a corelist of 1000 Points I was thinking about:

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
Vampire Lord (140)

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
15 x Grave Guard (240)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 90

I didnt put thought ino allegiance abilitys yet.

I would like to ask if your GG should bother with shields or just take Great Blades?

And did anyone find an efficient way to run a TG in a semi competitive list?

Sure, still on square, not glued though. It was one of the first monsters I painted back then. The other stuff is mainly set on cork and waits to be based.

Btw I just can't come up with a basing idead. I wanted it simpled and neat, maybe someone has a good example?

IMG_0099.JPG.f0a9b3e56ccefbf1d89ce0f1e105e0b8.JPG

My Flesh Eater Court comes with „defenders of the blood sea“ bases. Painted crudely in various dark shades of red, here and there for champion purposes a marble stone and then finished off with Vallejo Water Effect. 0B055715-72DF-40F4-8F07-CBEC2EAB1D44.jpeg.319a0e153895c9d6abeac58173d6b85c.jpeg

Tried Ice effect, it looks ok I think, nothing fancy but for 90 ghouls...

Since I am temped to pick up the blood queen box, I was thinking what you guys say about these lists, they are basically including all the models I have and let me expand them nicely and affordable:

1.) 1000 Pts.

Leaders
Necromancer (110)
Vampire Lord (140)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
2 x Morghast Archai (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 980 / 2000
Wounds: 87

expanding to....

2.) 1500 Pts.

Leaders
Necromancer (110)
Vampire Lord (140)
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)

Battleline
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
2 x Morghast Archai (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Behemoths
Terrorgheist (300)

Total: 1490 / 2000
Wounds: 107

Do all you scarred Death veteran Generals think these lists are playable in a wider range of enviroment and are fairely competitive ? Nothing too fancy....just not a total bummer, since I start at zero.

Just played a similar game today: vamp, necro, 30 skellis, 4morghast, 5wolves...

legion of Night vs. Nurgle deamons after the dust settled a tie, but quite nice and pretty strong in killing power and through the ambush also in the objective game.

with arkhan and his SC:Deathrattle Box you get the option to build all three mortarchs... and after that it is listbuilding and options and ruffled hair and more options 

Archived