Waiyuren

Hey all, 

I'll be taking my daughter along to a local 1k tournament soon, but she's having some trouble putting a list she likes together. Her only concrete choice so far is that it must be built around her Anointed Frostheart Phoenix as the tank... I don't play order, and most of her stuff is tangentially purchased or in the case of the stormcast, a 2nd hand army picked up cheap... I've no real clue what's good or not, and wondered if some kind souls could give her some advice i could pass along? ?

A complete list of her guys;

Frostheart Phoenix

Oldblood on carnosaur

Scar vet on carnosaur 

Scar vet on cold one

Skink star priest 

Sorceress on black dragon

Archmage

Lord castellant 

Lord celestant 

Lord relictor 

Knight venator 

Knight azyros 

20 skinks

20 saurus warriors 

10 gladeguard 

10 liberators 

10 judicators 

15 saurus knights

5 chameleon skinks 

12 aetherwings 

1 gyrocopter 

5 decimators 

5 protectors

2 concussors, or fulminators, or tempestors

1 gryph hound

3 vanguard palladors 

3 hurricane captors

9 longstrike raptors

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I was thinking maybe;

Phoenix

Skink star priest 

Relictor

20 skinks

5 judicators

2 tempestors

3 longstrikes

If I'm reading the rules right, the priest, relictor, and tempestors can stack their -1 to hit on something in range of all of them, or spread it out. 

18 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

I was thinking maybe;

Phoenix

Skink star priest 

Relictor

20 skinks

5 judicators

2 tempestors

3 longstrikes

If I'm reading the rules right, the priest, relictor, and tempestors can stack their -1 to hit on something in range of all of them, or spread it out. 

If you are playing Matched Play, you need 2 Battleline to be a legal list, Judicators are only Battleline for pure Stormcast. So I'd switch Judicators for Liberators or Gladeguard and get some more mages in there to buff the Phoenix. Archmage definitely (is he on a horse..? If not, perhaps find a way to get him a mount.) Maybe the Sorceress too for a bit of a monster mash list?

6 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

If you are playing Matched Play, you need 2 Battleline to be a legal list, Judicators are only Battleline for pure Stormcast. So I'd switch Judicators for Liberators or Gladeguard and get some more mages in there to buff the Phoenix. Archmage definitely (is he on a horse..? If not, perhaps find a way to get him a mount.) Maybe the Sorceress too for a bit of a monster mash list?

Oh true, I forgot about that. The archmage is mounted, yes. Is the sorceress any good? Her spell and the breath attack seem a little underwhelming for 300. 

16 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

Oh true, I forgot about that. The archmage is mounted, yes. Is the sorceress any good? Her spell and the breath attack seem a little underwhelming for 300. 

She's...ok. At 1000 points, I would probably avoid her, but mages are good to combo with the Phoenix. A Loremaster would make the Phoenix extra killy. But definitely worty trying the Archmage, his spell can protect multiple things and he can anchor your army. Focus on speed for a buffed and fast moving ball of death.

7 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

She's...ok. At 1000 points, I would probably avoid her, but mages are good to combo with the Phoenix. A Loremaster would make the Phoenix extra killy. But definitely worty trying the Archmage, his spell can protect multiple things and he can anchor your army. Focus on speed for a buffed and fast moving ball of death.

Got a bunch of spare parts, I could probably kitbash her a battlemage of life, too. That'd keep the Phoenix up even longer, provided there's room for it...

Archived