Ironjawz ardboyz shields do they ignore both kinds of wounds?

LewDog

Question

Hello new to the forum and this question has probabl been asked and answered time and time again but it' for my own peace of mind(and especially as I'm doing more tournament stuff to know were I stand because let' face it if I play the rule wrong my opponents not gonna tell me lol)

I used to play the rule as ignores both mortal and normal saves but a couple of months ago on fb someone pointed out that the wording was literal so I started to just play the rule how it reads ignores wounds(doesn't say anything about mortal wounds)so I changed how I played the rule to that but that arguments come up again and now I'm confused lol(I thought I did see it in the official gw faq that it does indeed ignore both but I can' find it anymore)please help so I can put this to bed.

Thank you

6 answers to this question

I re-read the warscroll, FAQ and 4-page rules just to be sure.

Since the wording is "roll a dice before allocating wounds and on a 6 the wound is ignored", and the rule for mortal wounds is to just allocate them, then yes, the shields work against mortal wounds as well. 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:03 AM, Kaylethia said:

I re-read the warscroll, FAQ and 4-page rules just to be sure.

Since the wording is "roll a dice before allocating wounds and on a 6 the wound is ignored", and the rule for mortal wounds is to just allocate them, then yes, the shields work against mortal wounds as well. 

I do not think that the shields are also work for mortal wounds, If you have a look e.g. At the Funguid-Cave Shaman, it is clearly stated "roll a dice before allocate a wound or mortal wound..." In the ardboys rules are only wounds mentioned.

Despite how the 4 page rules are worded, GW seems as though they are very clearly differentiating between regular wounds and mortal wounds. The Legions of Nagash book is a good example of this. Several abilities kick off during wound allocations for them.

Deathless Minions specifies "wounds or mortal wounds".
Ebon Armor simply states "mortal wounds".
Undead Minions just says "wounds".

Archived