1500 Points IronJawz - Scorched Earth list

krimsynn

Looking for suggestions:

I have  an upcoming League game and it's 1500 points on the Scorched Earth battleplan.  My opponent is most likely using Spiderfangs.  He has Greenskins as well.  The models I currently have to choose from are:

1  Megaboss

2 Warchanfers 

1 Weirdnob ShMan

6 Gore Gruntas

20 Ardboyz

10  Brutes

20 Arrowboyz allies

I could possibly borrow a MawKrusha from a friend, but that's just an option. 

Hey krimsynn

I have limited game experience but I would borrow Maw Crusha because it’s the crown jewels of any IJ list so 

Mawkrusha (with ironclad and Armor of Gork) 460  

6 Gruntas 280

Warchanter 80

10 brutes 360 

Provide a very useful hammer

Weirdnob 120 

20 arrow boyz  180

total 1480 

provide a useful objective holding group giving weirdnob +2 to cast Foot if you fancy a s&@t or bust style game 

18 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Ahhh there’s my lack of game time showing!! 

Could split pigs into 2 lots of 3 

or just kill all of the grots n claim moral victory ?

Na you want the pigs as 6 so that you can attack and burn your opponents. It's generally 1 fast hammer and 3 defensive units to hold your points.

1 minute ago, Zambo said:

Nice I’ll be taking notes for my next games weekend! 

Guess swapping brutes for 2x10 Ard Boyz n run warchanter up with maw crusha? 

No idea, It's kinda awkward which is why I didn't reply to start with. I know I'd run a 6GG's MK as your offensive line to try and smash onto an enemy point then burn it, even getting one wins you the game because you score 3 a turn and him 2 plus the free D3. 

The problem is defending and scoring your objectives without them burning it. IJ kinda have a problem because we can't get cheap easy points holders, especially at sub 2k.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:22 PM, Skabnoze said:

I suggest an alternate tactic.  You should ally with the Spiderfang force against the rest of your league and crush it completely under the awesomeness that is all things green.  

I like that alot!!!

Thanks for your help guys!! I'm going to borrow that MawKrusha and put it to the test for this match next week!. After this there is only 1 more 1500 point game to go in the league then a end of league tournament. I'm currently at 2-2. 

Archived