New IJ Player looking to smash Faces

Myzyrael

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

they removed weapon options entirely from Black Orcs and instead gave them the "armed to da teef" rule which said that they all came with multiple weapon options and they could swap them during the battle.  So one fight they could decide to all pull out great weapons, another they could swap to dual choppas, etc.  It was fluffy and made them flexible.  It also meant you could mix the various weapon options within the unit visually and not have to worry about WYSIWYG.  I think that was one of my favorite parts because I have always felt that mixed weapons within Orc & Goblin units looks better visually and makes more sense thematically.  I think the current rules for the 'Ard Boyz was a hold-over from the previous version of the game and was partly to accommodate existing player collections.  But I wonder if they would feel the need to keep it if they reworked the warscroll

I think what I'd like to see is the 6++ made unit wide, like the ironskullz boys, and the armed to the teef rule reinstated, as something like 

Ardboys come armed with all manner of weapons and equipment, from shields and choppas, smashas or even massive choppas. When a unit of ardboyz activates in the combat phase they may choose to gain +1 attack, -1 rend or +1 to their save against that unit. This may be different for every enemy unit. If the ardboyz haven't yet activated this phase or declared no attacks against a unit then they gain +1 to their save.

Damn I did that thing again where I had a real basic solid idea then went and heaped extra stuff in. Idea being they can choose to use the rend against one unit, +1 against a second and gain +1 save vs others. It also means that activating last actually gives you +1 to your saves but still let's you take the rend or attack.

A "quick fix" they could do, without touching warscrolls, would be to give us an allegiance increaseing the rend of all ironjawz weapons by -1. That would go a long way to helping us pull our weight and making up for the chronic lack of MW.

Archived