Flesh eater newb with questions

Fireymonkeyboy

Hi all,

The recent MP story kind of hooked me on FEC, and I'm thinking about picking up a small force to try out.  As a total newb to anything Death (I've played WFB on and off for decades, but never a death army), I'm not sure on where to start.  I was looking at the "starter box combo" (Start Collecting + Nightfeast Hunters),   Some questions:

a) is this a viable place to start, and will it give me the core of a playable force (not looking for over-the-top, just reasonably functional)

b) what do I need to watch for when playing FeC?  Strengths, weaknesses?  What are the "need to know" factors?

I'm working my way through the "Let's Chat", but any advice much appreciated.

FMB

The Start Collecting set is as solid a place as any to start the collection really.

I think the more competitive lists tend to be heavy on Horrors/Flayers and the monsters as opposed to the Ghouls, but overall there's nothing in the set that you wouldn't really want (And I believe it's still cheaper to buy the SC set than to buy a Gheist + Flayer box individually).

The Skirmish boxed set is also a good choice if you want to lean more heavily into Ghouls.

But overall it's hard to go wrong with the Start Collecting set given that it has 3 of the 4 kits in the FEC range (The only one not in it being the Finecast Varghulf Courtier).

17 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Hi all

Hi back...

welcome to the club of crazy knights and deranged kings. 

Like everybody said, can‘t go wrong with the starting boxes.

The shooting meta is a little bit against us with all our small but very important heros, so you might want to plan a little bit ahead if you go for royal menagerie or deadwatch or horror stampede. I tried to magnetize horror/flayer arms and kinda failed, magnets to small (2x1) and such things.

always take your own terrain to your games, a well placed cottage to hide behind is essential. But I love my 90 ghoul horde...

0B055715-72DF-40F4-8F07-CBEC2EAB1D44.jpeg

Archived