Orruuk Megaboss ability

Durant

Question

If i am reading it right Megabosses ability is useless, you need to have 3-4 units at 10inches from him, that would be at least 20 models. Unless it is not units but models.

Can someone tell me if I am reading it right?

10 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Razor32 said:

Andreas, is single models like a hero, wizard og whatever counted as a Unit?

Yes. The word unit in AOS has no other meaning than differenting between for example the number of units or the number of models in some rules. A hero is one unit and one model but brutes are one unit and five models etc..

The Orruk Megaboss himself is a IRONJAWZ unit within 10" according to the FAQ.

On 11/7/2016 at 9:19 AM, Andreas said:

Yes. The word unit in AOS has no other meaning than differenting between for example the number of units or the number of models in some rules. A hero is one unit and one model but brutes are one unit and five models etc..

The Orruk Megaboss himself is a IRONJAWZ unit within 10" according to the FAQ.

I have been looking for a model himself being a unit in the FAQ, cant seem to find it. Which page is it on, and it is in the offical FAQ right? 

thanks

19 minutes ago, Razor32 said:

I have been looking for a model himself being a unit in the FAQ, cant seem to find it. Which page is it on, and it is in the offical FAQ right? 

thanks

They use Arkhans command abillity as the example, it has a simular wording. All DEATH WIZARDS within 18 inches get extra range on their spells. Is Arkhan himself a DEATH WIZARD within 18 inches? Answer YES! Ie is the Megaboss himself a Ironjaw unit within 10 inches? Answer YES!

Page 6 on the general FAQ. "Is a model within X of himself"

From the first page of the 4-page AOS rules (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/warhammer-aos-rules-en.pdf):

WARSCROLLS & UNITS

All models are described by warscrolls, which provide all of the rules for using them in the game. You will need warscrolls for the models you want to use.

Models ght in units. A unit can have one or more models, but cannot include models that use di erent warscrolls.  

most ironjaws armies will have 5-8 troops units and 2+ characters so this will mean at least until you have lost units a regular +1 a on your whole army or 2+ a if you get the lucky 6. 

even just 1 extra attack and no other buffs on a unit of 10 ardboyz will translate into 3 extra save rolls their target needs to make, doesnt sound like much but lets say they are fighting 10 chaos warriors with a 4+ save those extra 3 saves translate into one extra dead enemy (so 3 in total before they get to fight back) 

its a simple example but those extra save could drop a monster down an extra level or finish of a character etc..... plus as its army wide offsets the effect of having multiple units in combat as you could  (in the example above) lose 2 ardboyz if the enemy went first and still put back the same ammount of attacks as you would have done with a full un buffed unit 

Archived