Issue with Arkham

Tiklis

Hi there guys!

I decided to buy an skeleton starter collection.

So I assambled my Skellies with spears. The horses as Black Knights.

And here goes the main point, the Montarch as Arkham I had the feeling that he is the only one who will be playable. Crazy spell and move for that cost.

I'm pretty bad at anything that involves painting or things like that. I tried my best to follow the instructions. But my Montarch is falling if not taken care of. I guess is an issue with the glue in. Some pieces should be in a bad position and the miniature lost his balance...

Tricks to unglue it and reglue it properly? 

General recomendations?

Thanks guys!

IMG-20180224-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0008.jpeg

just get a cheap superglue, they will hold stuff together pretty damn well. although, I have been using that exact same glue in the picture and it has never given me any trouble. maybe there's a slightly badly-cut piece sticking out of arkhan that doesn't allow it to glue well into place?(I dont own the kit so I have no idea how the bits work there). I know someone would suggest a file at that point, but since I make due with a pair of scissors and 30 year old pliers, I can't really say nay or yay to that.

I don't know, just try to locate the places where arkhan connects to his seat, slather those parts in glue, put arkhan on the seat, and add pressure for a good few minutes. The surface getting glued doesn't have to be big, but you just gotta make sure it sticks and maybe wait it to dry and add a few more layers of glue to the "wobblier" parts. And usually, a base-coat paint will keep the parts together for a bit longer.

Though if it keeps coming apart from normal touching/contact, I might just give you the same advice I use for my own miniatures. Never touch anything but the base :D Though in that case I am a terrible opponent, since moving the minis around is slow as ****.

Hey man are you using plastic cement or superglue? The newer style of gw plastics have smaller contact points and they really do need the welding style of plastic cement to form a solid bond.

if you used superglue I think you can get superglue debonders, however be careful as I have a feeling they are solvent based and may melt plastic if you flood it on. 

2 hours ago, Curry_Supreme said:

Hey man are you using plastic cement or superglue? The newer style of gw plastics have smaller contact points and they really do need the welding style of plastic cement to form a solid bond.

if you used superglue I think you can get superglue debonders, however be careful as I have a feeling they are solvent based and may melt plastic if you flood it on. 

I'm using Army Painter plastic glue.

I though so. That's the reason I wanted to ask people who know how this works.

P.S: Great advice anyway. I'll only touch from now on the round base. No for this mini. But for others who seem not as tigh as it is suposed.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally if someone is interested I managed to fix this issue.

I cut the base. After that I cleaned both parts with alcohol and polish them.

Then I checked the model for imperfections or incorrect positions. When I realised that everything was fine I moved on to the next phase.

Reglue in and there I checked a few examples in videos and images to place it properly. Then glue in and keep it there for 10 minutes. After another 10 minutes break I applied the imprimation base.

To me seems pretty good. What do you think?

IMG-20180322-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20180322-WA0008.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tiklis said:

Finally if someone is interested I managed to fix this issue.

I cut the base. After that I cleaned both parts with alcohol and polish them.

Then I checked the model for imperfections or incorrect positions. When I realised that everything was fine I moved on to the next phase.

Reglue in and there I checked a few examples in videos and images to place it properly. Then glue in and keep it there for 10 minutes. After another 10 minutes break I applied the imprimation base.

To me seems pretty good. What do you think?

IMG-20180322-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20180322-WA0008.jpeg

Glad it all worked out!

Archived