Custom Hero Template

KHHaunts

A while back i created a unfinished version of a Hero template (Which is still in the downloads section)

I have since picked the project back up and am determined to finish it properly and start tweaking it where required.

The basic idea is that its a process for creating custom heroes by follwoing a stage by stage method that allows you many options to come up with a fully functioning hero (Including point cost)

The method is fairly simple and has been done with some (As much as i can do by myself) trial and error as well as some basic calculations. Mainly by disecting existing heroes, their weapons mounts and abilities and spreading the point costs for those elements as best i can.

The Heroes are also capped (to a degree) and are intentionally over costed at this stage until i can get more feedback.

While im in the process of creating a finished first draft i wanted to open things up to the community to get their impressions and feedback as well as anyone that may be interested in helping.

my hope is to create a tool that we can all use for homebrew games that will allow us to take unique heroes but be comfortable with doing so because we will all be "singing off the same hymn sheet"

Please let let me know what you guys think.

Interesting stuff.

I'm working on my own thing that is pretty similar, but because it's meant for Skirmish everyone starts off at lower level base profiles and less attacks. But overall it's a pretty similar concept.

One thing I want to do, but never seem to find the time to get started is to try and attempt to reverse engineer points for weapons/abilities/profiles/etc by combining those things to create the actual warscrolls that exist in the game today. 

Anyway, interesting to see how your stuff turns out. I like it from a narrative perspective and the fact that you could customise many of your old characters in the game. That little bit of flavour in my opinion has been lost in Age of Sigmar and the clam pack heroes. 

Archived