Legion of Sacrament List - A Different Take

Lemon Knuckles

20 minutes ago, Rob Hawkins said:

Mark of the Favoured only works in the combat phase, so missile weapons don't get a mortal wound roll.

Oops, yep.

23 minutes ago, Rob Hawkins said:

A unit has to select the target(s) for all of their attacks at the same time, before making any of the attacks.  So it would still be the enemy unit selecting the target with "any" attacks.  But... how about this: 

"Each time an enemy unit is picked to attack in the combat phase, if any of its attacks target this general, roll a dice.  On a 6+ the attacking unit suffers 1 mortal wound after all of its attacks have been resolved."

That way, the criteria is when the unit is picked for attacking, which only happens once (maybe twice if you've got something like Vanhel's on it).  So it's selected for its turn to make attacks attack once, and if any of its attacks target the general, roll one dice to see if the trait is worthless.

But that rule probably won't fit in the available space in the Command Traits callout.  99% of GW's unclear rules probably stem from having trim them down enough to fit the entire rule into fewer than 3 lines of text in a text box. ;) 

So then we are going with "an attack" as being "a group of attacks from the same unit?"  So back to my original read of it, in which case, yeah, Mark sucks.  I'm OK with that, but it would have been fun to try out.

2 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

Oops, yep.

So then we are going with "an attack" as being "a group of attacks from the same unit?"  So back to my original read of it, in which case, yeah, Mark sucks.  I'm OK with that, but it would have been fun to try out.

No no no...  I was offering a hypothetical rewrite that clearly indicates one roll in total for the attacking unit, if that's supposed to be GW's intention.  I didn't use the phrase "an attack" in my hypothetical rewrite because an attack is a single attack.  I said "any of its attacks," which refers to the collective.

But the actual rule says "each time...  an attack" so it should trigger on each individual attack for which the general was selected as its target. 

Went outside to enjoy the unseasonably awesome sunshine, walked the dog, played with the kid and basically just gave my mind a break.  Coming back at it with fresh eyes, seems clear to me (again) that it would be each individual attack.  I won't belabor it more right now, but suffice to say I think you and I are once again aligned.

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, Lemon Knuckles said:

I feel the same.  I emailed them to see if they can help resolve this.

Did you ever get a response on this?

I was at an event on Sat where my opponent ran it and said it was 1 chance at a MW per attack dice per model.  Then argued the MWs resolved PRIOR to the models attacking.  Dead model = no attacks.  Totally counter to the FAQ.

Archived