Which legion excels?

Dracothjay

Since the book has been out, I haven’t had the time to play Legion of Night, but this Tuesday I’m against a fellow friend for my first game using the book.

As everyone has had a bit of time to test now, what legion is excelling? If any legion excels for that fact. I know it’s a broad question, but I’m wondering what seems to be more powerful?

1 hour ago, Josh said:

i think they all can be strong AF depending on your play style

blood - alpha /hit hard

sacrament - control & debuff

night - tricks &  maximise on peoples mistakes

GH - control & debuff 

I'd say bravery debuff /Vampires is a better description for LoB

I just had my second game with Legion of Sacrament (vs. High Elves) and I liked it a lot.  I used the Deathmarch Battalion and between that and the 3" move from the command trait, I was moving 7" in the hero phase.  I think it's got some of the best artifacts, including two that are essential for protecting characters from shooting-- Wristbands of Black Gold for a 4+ "ward save," and the Shroud for -1 or -2  to hit rolls for enemy shooting.

7 hours ago, Rob Hawkins said:

I just had my second game with Legion of Sacrament (vs. High Elves) and I liked it a lot.  I used the Deathmarch Battalion and between that and the 3" move from the command trait, I was moving 7" in the hero phase.  I think it's got some of the best artifacts, including two that are essential for protecting characters from shooting-- Wristbands of Black Gold for a 4+ "ward save," and the Shroud for -1 or -2  to hit rolls for enemy shooting.

This is definily the way to go when facing a shooting heavy army.

Deathmarch Battalion + mastery of death command trait and the 2 shooting debuff artefacts.

Black knights that move 19" and a guaranteed 6" charge is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

Unfortunately FAQ has hurt this strategy a bit...

is that due to the 12" wight king bubble?

it would still work on black knights though wouldn't it? if you had say 3 units of 5 knights  within 12" of you wight king on your first turn they could still go 19" then charge 6". but after that they would be on their own and not benefit from the battalion rules until the wight king caught up to them. Or you could put a white king on a horse and just have him run around with the knights all game.

4 hours ago, Jgregs said:

is that due to the 12" wight king bubble?

it would still work on black knights though wouldn't it? if you had say 3 units of 5 knights  within 12" of you wight king on your first turn they could still go 19" then charge 6". but after that they would be on their own and not benefit from the battalion rules until the wight king caught up to them. Or you could put a white king on a horse and just have him run around with the knights all game.

But only one of those Black Knight units would be in the Deathmarch Battalion.  The other two wouldn't benefit from the Deathmarch move.

Archived