Multi Wounds Model and Deathly Invocation

Bademeister

Hey guys,

last saturday i discussed the new ability Deathly Invocation and the cause of Models with more than one wounds.

The Text says: ... You can heal D3 wounds that have been allocated to each unit you oicked (roll separately for each unit). If no wounds are currently allocated to a unit you picked, you may instead return a number f slain models to it that have c cmombined Wounds characteristic equal to or less than the roll of a D3.

1. Am i only allowed to return a slain model with more than 1 Wound, when the unit has no more wound? Example a Unit of 2 Spirit Host. One Host is Wounded with 1 allocated wound. The roll show as 6 -> 3 Wounds. I only can heal 1 allocated Wound? The other 2 Wounds on that roll are for nothing?

2. Is it possible to return a slain Model with allocated Wounds? Same Unit as above, but fully healed. My roll shows a 3 -> 2 Wounds. Could i return a Spirit host with 2 Wounds (1 Wound already allocated)?

15 minutes ago, Bademeister said:

Hey guys,

last saturday i discussed the new ability Deathly Invocation and the cause of Models with more than one wounds.

The Text says: ... You can heal D3 wounds that have been allocated to each unit you oicked (roll separately for each unit). If no wounds are currently allocated to a unit you picked, you may instead return a number f slain models to it that have c cmombined Wounds characteristic equal to or less than the roll of a D3.

1. Am i only allowed to return a slain model with more than 1 Wound, when the unit has no more wound? Example a Unit of 2 Spirit Host. One Host is Wounded with 1 allocated wound. The roll show as 6 -> 3 Wounds. I only can heal 1 allocated Wound? The other 2 Wounds on that roll are for nothing?

2. Is it possible to return a slain Model with allocated Wounds? Same Unit as above, but fully healed. My roll shows a 3 -> 2 Wounds. Could i return a Spirit host with 2 Wounds (1 Wound already allocated)?

Deathly invocation is either /or.

If the unit has wounds allocated to a model, then you heal D3 wounds.

If all models in the unit are at full wounds, then you can attempt to resurrect a slain model as long as you roll high enough to resurrect it on full wounds.

So in the case of spirit hosts;

If any models in the unit are wounded, roll a D3 and recover that many wounds. Any excess are lost.

If all remaining models are on full wounds but you have slain models, you can only return a slain model to the unit if you roll a 3 (e.g. a D6 result of 5 or 6) - if you roll under this the attempt fails.

To be clear - you cannot heal a unit and resurrect models with the same dice roll.

E.g. Black knights. One slain, one wounded. The unit has 'lost' 3 wounds' worth of models.

If you rolled 3 wounds, you only heal the wounded BK to full wounds. You don't get to carry over and resurrect with the remaining 2 as the choice to heal OR resurrect is determined before you roll the die.

Edit: clarity

Archived