Legion of sacrament 1200 points

Ashtyn

Hi guys

I am hoping to get my first game in with the new book tomorrow at the warhammer store ( if there are any opponents there )

the store prefers lower point games :( so I'm planning a 1200 point list. 

This is what I've come up with currently.

Legion of Sacrament 

Arkhan 

Necromancer (Shroud of Darkness)

Necromancer

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

6 spirit hosts

Mortis engine

Balewind 

total 1180

This is character heavy, but it increases the likelihood of spirit hosts returning.

My main concern however is the lack of bodies.

I was thinking of dropping a necromancer. And buffing the hosts or even dropping the Mortis and adding a cart, and more dogs to increase models.

Also I'm a little torn with spells, as each spell is great for different armies I'm struggling to determine what spells I'd want in an all comers low point game.

As always your suggestions would be most appreciated :) 

That is really, really top-heavy.  You basically have all of the pieces of the lords of sacrament formation, without paying the points to get the formation, and that formation, at 790 points for 4 models (you paid 720), is barely viable in a 2000 point list.  This is even crazier than running nagash in a 1200 point game.  You simply don't have enough models.  I would drop the mengine and the balewind.  Get a block of 40 skellies, leaving 100 points, if my math is right, after dropping the dogs.  Get a small, fast, flying unit with the rest.  It doesn't have to be strong, and it won't, but you need something that can zip over the top of combat and roam the enemy backfield at will.  It really makes your enemy comfortable when you don't have that threat.  His squishier characters can wander around at will to cast spells or whatever, without worrying about their safety. 

Archived