Mermaid/Siren Slaanesh, idea help wanted!

Lightbox

Hey folks,

So I've recently been struck by an interesting idea for some slaanesh conversions. I've been thinking about how I might be able to make some cool mermaid/siren/nautical themed slaaneshi models.

So I'm considering either using greenstuff or waiting for the DoK gorgon models and making some mermaids to function either as hellstriders or as fiends of slaanesh (alternatively spear gorgons could be used for helstriders due to spears & can use daemonette models & sculpt fish tails for the fiends.)

However I'd also like to try and come up with other ideas for demonette and slaanesh models in general to keep the fun nautical theme. Can easily add fish tails and possibly gills onto my seeker mounts but no idea whether there's anything I can do for regular demonettes? (Besides possibly adding the fish bits onto their existing tails like with seekers)

I'm also open to using some 3rd party mini's like reaper for cool characters or monsters e.g. demon princes. Or parts for building some. The main thing is wanting to go for rule of cool so I'm totally open to conversions for units that aren't considered too good as I'd love to have characterful models regardless :)

I would suggest practicing with the old green stuff, mould out some fins and stuff.

River troll parts will be good for larger models like spawns and demon princes. Same with the war hydra/ caribdis  kit.

That said you might want to wait for the new darkaelf stuff, I see a few snake people in the preview. These might be easier to turn into aquatic monsters.

Not sure about 3rd party stuff though.

1 hour ago, Avatar Rage said:

I would suggest practicing with the old green stuff, mould out some fins and stuff.

River troll parts will be good for larger models like spawns and demon princes. Same with the war hydra/ caribdis  kit.

That said you might want to wait for the new darkaelf stuff, I see a few snake people in the preview. These might be easier to turn into aquatic monsters.

Not sure about 3rd party stuff though.

Ooh cheers, hadn't thought about river trolls! A couple of aquatic looking hag-like spawn would work great!

Would the war hydra not be too big for a demon prince?

I'm planning to wait for the new aelf big snake monster to convert into a keeper of secrets. And yeah their snake people I did have in mind for the tail fin bodies etc.

Maybe look into some scourge privateers? They are as nautical as it gets, the helmets and armor draw some clear inspiration from seashells and crustaceans. They also have a bunch of harpoons/hooks/etc. and scimitars as weapons. I've seem Aelves combined with Daemonette bits in the past: they are pretty similar in size.  

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, Nutty said:

Maybe look into some scourge privateers? They are as nautical as it gets, the helmets and armor draw some clear inspiration from seashells and crustaceans. They also have a bunch of harpoons/hooks/etc. and scimitars as weapons. I've seem Aelves combined with Daemonette bits in the past: they are pretty similar in size.  

I've actually used the armour of a privateer for a herald (made it from spare bits I had) so could totally actually make some demonettes from these guys. I should have plenty of arms spare from using the bodies for a fell bat gargoyle project so It's just finding some good heads or using some of the helmets (probably making them closed face so they look a little less masculine)

Archived