Balewind vortex

Bubba_da_phat

Question

According to this article you could summon a vortex on top of a model in order to first make room for the vortex and then move the 3” away from the vortex. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/21/tactical-toolbox-summoning-july-20gw-homepage-post-4/

The warscroll however states that models are moved 3” after the vortex has been summoned. Nowhere does it tell you to move models in order to set it up. 

How is this supposed to be played out?

4 answers to this question

Just now, heywoah_twitch said:

You move the models in order to set it up.

I actually disagree with this.   Nothing about the summoning rules indicates you are allowed to move models to make room for the new ones.  Other than removing the summoning model from the battlefield the Balewind warscroll does not provide any information that you would ignore the standard summoning rules.  Once the Balewind is on the battlefield you move models 3"away.

17 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Edit: I answered how it's been played against me without checking the warscroll. tisk tisk, the warscroll is quite clear that @richelieu is right.

So many rules are propagated through communities simply by the act of a single person playing a rule confidently in a particular (incorrect) way.

Archived