Daughters of Khaine fluff?

LordKalebKhaine

11 hours ago, LordKalebKhaine said:

Do the Daughters of Khaine have any fluff in the new setting?

Yes they do have a little fluff described in the Order Grand Alliance book. But it is really meager currently.

The Order GA book says that the Daughters of Khaine are basically a strange and deadly cult located in the clandestine districts of Azyrheim. They worship an old god fom a time before the Age of Myths (Khaine) and they perform bloody rituals and sacrifice in his name. They are blood-thirsty fanatic aelves who go into war in order to spill a lot of blood for their god and feed upon the ectasy of battle.

The Great Conclave of Azyrheim think they are related to the Darkling Covens.
Basically Order generals are usually happy to be assisted in battle by the Daughters of Khaine who are known to be fierce warriors, so in exchange they close their eyes on the cult's weird activities.

And that's all.

In my opinion, the Daughters of Khaine have a really poor fluff in AoS. And yet I loved dark elves in WHFB (it was my first army). But I think the way this faction has been brought into AoS was badly done. They are too similar to the cult of Khaine in Naggaroth and that makes it hard to believe they are part of the Order Alliance. I am perfectly aware that Order ≠ Good, but I can't imagine the authorities of Azyrheim tolerating such a cult and their bloody mess in Azyr. Currently they are barely any different from a chaotic cult. The Daughters of Khaine should have gotten another name and an new fluff IMHO, a new one that whould have nothing to do with Khaine and bathing into blood pool.

Perhaps write them as a faction of gladiatrixes (like the sisters of slaughter were in WHFB)? They would mainly entertain spectators in the arenas of Azyrheim and when the Age of Sigmar begins, they join Order armies on the battlefield. With that idea in mind, the Cauldron of Blood would be mainly a stage accessory for the shows in the arena but it would also display some strange powers during actual battles (i.e. the blood shield). And the Bloodwrack Medusa would be one of the monsters that are displayed in the arena fights. That whole "gladiator faction" idea is only something I just imagined while writing this post, but it would already be much more credible as part of the Order alliance than the actual DoK fluff...

51 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Yes they do have a little fluff described in the Order Grand Alliance book. But it is really meager currently.

The Order GA book says that the Daughters of Khaine are basically a strange and deadly cult located in the clandestine districts of Azyrheim. They worship an old god fom a time before the Age of Myths (Khaine) and they perform bloody rituals and sacrifice in his name. They are blood-thirsty fanatic aelves who go into war in order to spill a lot of blood for their god and feed upon the ectasy of battle.

The Great Conclave of Azyrheim think they are related to the Darkling Covens.
Basically Order generals are usually happy to be assisted in battle by the Daughters of Khaine who are known to be fierce warriors, so in exchange they close their eyes on the cult's weird activities.

And that's all.

In my opinion, the Daughters of Khaine have a really poor fluff in AoS. And yet I loved dark elves in WHFB (it was my first army). But I think the way this faction has been brought into AoS was badly done. They are too similar to the cult of Khaine in Naggaroth and that makes it hard to believe they are part of the Order Alliance. I am perfectly aware that Order ≠ Good, but I can't imagine the authorities of Azyrheim tolerating such a cult and their bloody mess in Azyr. Currently they are barely any different from a chaotic cult. The Daughters of Khaine should have gotten another name and an new fluff IMHO, a new one that whould have nothing to do with Khaine and bathing into blood pool.

Perhaps write them as a faction of gladiatrixes (like the sisters of slaughter were in WHFB)? They would mainly entertain spectators in the arenas of Azyrheim and when the Age of Sigmar begins, they join Order armies on the battlefield. With that idea in mind, the Cauldron of Blood would be mainly a stage accessory for the shows in the arena but it would also display some strange powers during actual battles (i.e. the blood shield). And the Bloodwrack Medusa would be one of the monsters that are displayed in the arena fights. That whole "gladiator faction" idea is only something I just imagined while writing this post, but it would already be much more credible as part of the Order alliance than the actual DoK fluff...

Well, didn't the forces of Chaos blow up their homeland and seek to destroy them?  The Chaos Gods want devotion, and they are not going to give it.  

Archived