The Coalition of the Stormfang: A Path to Glory story blog

flamingwalnut

Hello everyone! With the dawn of the New Year comes my little communities first Path to Glory event. I am super stoked and have been gearing to add some more narrative flare to my armies and to the community games as a whole. 

So, today, I would like to present the rough draft intro story towards my Freeguild based Order army. Actual pictures of models will come soon enough, I promise, as I prep for the event. This is a bit truncated, but I hope you all like it. 

Spoiler

Deep in the Realm of Heavens, Sigmar's glorious realm of Azyrheim, stands the colossal mountain Lowen towering above the rocky countryside. Eternally wreathed in crackling thunderstorms, the mountain is home to the mighty glistening fortress of Storm Forge. With walls of shining steel and magnificent marble, the fortress stands mighty and fierce, imbedded right into the rock of the Mountain Lowen.

But Storm Forge is not just a fortress; it is also a home. The walls protect a city of progress and prosperity. Governed by the floating fortresses of the Collegiate Arcane, Storm Forge is a center for the Sciences of both arcane and technology, and an eager desire to push the boundaries of both Magic and Technology.

The city is populated by a diverse host of humans, duradin, and aelves, alongside a menagerie of beasts, from working beasts of burden, to domesticated house pets. The city thrives on the prosperous trade it makes with other settlements throughout Azyrheim, trading away the technical arcane marvels and finely crafted armaments for the goods to sustain its people.

The city is happy, healthy, and thriving in the peaceful realm of Azyrheim. The thieves are small time, the flora and fauna are under control, and the rumbling thunder of the constant storms has become a soothing rhythm to all the inhabitants of Storm Forge. Well, most of them...

Captain Meleizan Aeros was wealthy, respected, and bored. One of the most decorated Free Guild Captains of his age, Meleizan kept the city streets of Storm Forge safe from brigands, black marketers, and purse-snatchers. The Aeros line had guarded the streets of Storm Forge for generations since they fled the bestial realm of Ghur centuries before, but as the gates to the other Realms had reopened and the Stormcast Eternals strode forth with the hosts of War to reclaim them, Captain Aeros found his station so boring in comparison. The pay was nice, and the food was good, and the women were always gorgeous, but he felt a calling to something greater, and chastising street urchins was not it...

Up in the tall spires of the Collegiate Arcane, Lady Katalina Veltegra was frustrated. The opening of the Realm Gates was a momentous event for all members of the Collegiate Arcane, and Azyrheim in general, as it heralded in an offensive push against the forces of Chaos. While Lady Katalina was an extraordinary Battlemage, she was still very much considered a novice amongst the Order of the Heavens not due to her skill or ambition, but simply due to age and rank. Each day she felt the tightening grip of the Magocracy bind her to a life of libraries and study. While the libraries of Storm Forge were extraordinary, she knew they were limited by only what the refugees of the other realms could carry as they fled the forces of Chaos.          Katalina's power in foresight was considerable and growing. She was certain, from her study and visions, that there were massive reliquaries hidden away in each of the Realms, places of intense power and knowledge and within each of these reliquaries were artifacts of immense power that could harness the magic of their respective Realms like none before it! But her elders dismissed her visions as folly, and the very idea of the reliquaries legend at best, a suicidal goose chase at worst. Lady Katalina Veltegra would not be denied, however. She just needed a way out of Storm Forge...

Grayla Forgeheart was beside herself with excitement. Even with the initial drive into the other Realms, words of new wonders and bizarre places were flooding into Azyrheim. Grayla beamed and squealed with joy at any mention of news outside of Azyrheim, but being the poor duardin that she was, she knew that she would hear only that: stories. Desperate to not lose hope, she applied to any and every position to be had in the marching hosts of the Azyrheim offensive, but none could take her. Every position had been filled, and until a foothold could be secured on the other side, there were only so many people who could be supplied on the expedition. Grayla feared that it would be years until she could leave Storm Forge...

It started with another vision: Lady Katalina had seen her way out. The portents of the Heavens were fickle, but she knew what she had to do. She snuck from the Tower of Storms, she snuck down to the city below and searched high and low for the person would be her ticket out of Storm Forge.

There was a ball held in honor of the local Free Guild force. Captain Aeros was in attendance and as per usual was kept awake only by the beautiful noble women also in attendance. 

Grayla was not invited to the Free Guild ball, but she certainly was there. If the Ironweld she worked for had no slots for her, then perhaps the Free Guild would send her there. Had to be delights to see from the front line! And what better way to get to the head of the recruitment line than to introduce herself to the Captains of the Guard themselves!

Lady Katalina had only a vague vision of an over-the-top outfit. She feared she would never find the exact image of the man in her head, but Fate had other words. It took an outcry from the ball's security, which had apprehended poor Grayla trying to sneak into the event. This commotion pulled Captain Aeros from his women watching and right into Lady Katalina's view. It was him!
            Within moments, Captain Meleizan Aeros had two women demanding his attention, neither in the slightest bit in the way he had hoped for. A disheveled dwarf demanded a job and the pale noble mage demanded he help take her out of Azyrheim.

After an intense, and confusing, discussion, the three of them had realized that they all wanted the same thing, and with the three of them they had all they needed to go forward. The Captain brought wealth and influence, Lady Katalina brought magic and knowledge, and Grayla Forgeheart brought the technical expertise of the Ironweld.

Together, they each made a commitment of what they could and together, they formed the Grand Coalition of the Stormfang. Soon, a small, private regiment of Free Guild Guard, some "borrowed" artifacts and equipment from the Tower of Storms, and a handful of old war machines awaiting decommission from the Ironweld Arsenal were loaded onto a caravan and sent forth towards the nearest Realmgate.

The three looked forward to the adventures ahead, but Lady Katalina had a lingering fear in the back of her mind. Right before the caravan set out, she had another vision: Chaos, Destruction, and Death awaited them all in the very near future...

Still sorting out the initial Warband, will post WIP pictures as soon as I do.

Got an initial Warband, and pictures! Priming them now, just trying to decide on a color scheme. Thinking of something...blue, to go with the Realm of Heavens bit...

The Warband is: 

Freeguild General on Horse (Captain Aeros)
- Champion, Command Trait: Indomitable, Artifact: The Broken Shackle
10 Swordsman (The Anvils of Storm Forge)
10 Handgunners (The Thunder Throwers)
Ori Bindstaff, Battlemage of the Heavens
1 Helblaster Volley Gun, "The Redeemer"

For this Path to Glory game, we use the Matched Play allegiances and artifacts. Woohoo! Will post more progress as the painting comes along. Games start next week! Also, a note: I am not using the mage character listed above (Katalina) because I don't have a model that REALLY fits her (lack of GW female models, really...) She and Grayla will join the warband as soon as I can find/convert suitable models.

PtG Warband 1.jpg

1 hour ago, flamingwalnut said:

(lack of GW female models, really...)

They are getting better at this... so here's hoping! Some female mages I can think of are the dark elf (supreme) sorceresses, might be a bit naked. But what about the old Bretonian sorceresses? 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bretonnian sorceress

image.jpeg.d6afecf64d7958d0c677a4fc43539bdd.jpeg

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bretonnian the lady

@Kramer Yea, they ARE getting better, so I do look forward to the future, but for now, I work with what I got... That first Bretonnian lady could work, but that requires bit hunting on Ebay. Not impossible, but we'll see. The Dark Elf could work with some green stuff robes or something. I was also thinking of Isabella VonCarstein, but might be too extreme for what I have in mind. Thanks for the reply, though! 

11 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

@Kramer Yea, they ARE getting better, so I do look forward to the future, but for now, I work with what I got... That first Bretonnian lady could work, but that requires bit hunting on Ebay. Not impossible, but we'll see. The Dark Elf could work with some green stuff robes or something. I was also thinking of Isabella VonCarstein, but might be too extreme for what I have in mind. Thanks for the reply, though! 

No worries! I would take a look at the vampires on that floating throne as well. They need something to sit on but you can get them from bits sites for around €10

Big update here! Path to Glory officially started this week and I got in my game early! It would figure, with 8 out of the 14 people playing Chaos...I'd get paired against a Stormcast player. Had no idea what to do with this, as my warband would have no qualms with Stormcast (trouble with being the "Good guys" and fighting Order...) but then my opponent shared that his Stormhost had been reforged just a FEW too many times and declared that I was actually a Tzeentch cult on sight! Perfect! It even fits my chosen color scheme! (insert seque here)

5a5561b4dad2e_Paintscheme.jpg.e5ff0527e963ddd7a5f3050d992e5d9d.jpg

I like the scheme (and yes, my drummer is just TOO eager to let a drum get in his way...) Quartered schemes might get draining after an entire Freeguild regiment, but I think it looks great. Thoughts? Suggestions?

But now! On to the main event! I want to put some real story into my warband, and as such, I will be writing a story for every major game and event during this campaign (and perhaps further down the road as well!) Here is the first real step of Captain Aeroes, Katalin, and Grayla's first step into the Mortal Realms!

Spoiler

Captain Aeros was not a fan of swamps. Both Katalina and her aging mentor Ori had confirmed that they were now in Ghur, the fabled Realm of Beasts, but to Captain Aeros it smelled like no beast he had ever laid eyes on. And at the far off echoes of rumbling footsteps, he would like to keep it that way.

Captain Aeros led his scouting party into the swamp. Behind him marched a small selection of Free Guild guard, the senile Ori Bindstaff, Katalina's beloved mentor, and a rusty Helblaster in dire need of repair nicknamed "The Redeemer". NOT the scouting party he would prefer, but beggers can't be choosers, he supposed. He pondered how the two women had convinced him to come out here until one of his men shouted out that a group of figures lay ahead.
            "Stormcast!" shouted Captain Aeros. "Oh, thank Sigmar. Hello there! It is so good to see allies in this rancid place! My name is Captain Aeros of the Storm Forge Free Guild Guard. What..."

Captain Aeros stopped as the Stormcast seemed to turn to him in unison. Their eyes seemed so sunken and hollow; their movements nearly mechanical in nature. The Lord-Celestant raised his hammer and growled out in a savage war cry.
            "Witches! Heretics! I smell the taint of Tzeentch on their bones! Tear them asunder!"
            Captain Aeros slunk slightly in his saddle. "Oh. Well...that can't be good."

---

Grayla Stoneforge perked up as the scouting party returned to their small but rapidly fortified camp. Captain Aeros rode in, battered but alive, his party a bit shell-shocked but otherwise...mostly intact. But she gasped as she saw the sorry state of "The Redeemer". Muddy, banged up, and obviously poorly loaded, the duardin cried out as she ran to attend to the "wounded".
            Captain Aeros looked at the odd duardin but shook his head. "Medic! I have wounded that need attending to!"

As the wounded were attended to, Katalina stepped out of her tent to see what news was brought back. She looked at the wounded with a pained awe, the mark of the severity of her quest starting to dawn on her.

"What was it? Orruks? Beasts? Chaos!?"

"Stormcast."

Katalina stood dumb founded. Captain Aeros simply sighed. Ori Bindstaff stepped forward.

"Truly signs of how dangerous the Realms are," Ori began.  "These Stormcast had obviously been reforged to the point of breaking, the poor souls. We were lucky to end the conflict before any true casualties were had. There are many signs of Chaos taint in this swamp, but fear not, these Stormcast should not be a worry to us any longer."

"Meleizan!" Grayla shouted from across the camp as she marched towards Captain Aeros. "The Redeemer is in shambles, what sorta shenanigans ya be going on about out there, lad!?"

Captain Aeros was taken aback but scowled down at the duardin.

"Don't blame ME, Grayla. That blasted thing nearly cost me my head. Jammed twice, never fired a shot, and slowed us down by hours! That thing might as well be tossed into the swamp, maybe one of the beasts out there can make use of it!"

Grayla fumed. "How DARE ya! The Redeemer is a proud defender of Storm Forge for the past century! We should be honored to be in his presence! Your buffoons from the Guard have NO idea how to handle him!"

Captain Aeros quirked a brow. "Him? Wait, no, don't answer that. Look, if you think you can operate that beast any better, preferably to the point where it WORKS, then be my guest!"

Grayla beamed. "Then it is settled! I am going with you on your next scouting party! I'll make him purr!"

Captain Aeros looked a bit concerned at the duardin's enthusiasm over operating the machinery, but nodded in consent.

"Besides," continued Grayla, "The defenses are up and I sure won't be cooped up when there is adventure to have!"

Captain Aeros rolled his eyes. "Adventure. Yay."

Next up on the plate: More painting and the search for a proper dwarf lady!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem...I am....VERY slow on updates. And painting. I blame distractions and me being bad at this. 

ANYWAYS! Another week in Path to Glory has passed! I have gotten a LITTLE painting done and had a fantastic game. So, to bring everything up to speed:

Here is my unit of Swordsman! Sadly, they are the only unit I have painted so far, but I vow to remedy that this week! I shall not fall behind!
Another note...I need to get a REAL model picture booth, because this pictures have been meh at best. Will put that on the super long To Do List...
5a654fbf2a0c4_Swordsman1Finished.jpg.da2d8f22bc796221eaaeea367cf492d9.jpg

Next! I have settled on models for my two lady heroes! Katalina will be played by a slightly converted Darkling Coven Sorceress. Debating on how much I want to green stuff clothes on her to make her seem less...witch elf, as well as reduce the crazy hair and probably change the staff head, but the basic model is settled, gotten, and will work. 
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elf-Sorceress

Then we come to little miss Grayla. Female dwarves are just non-existant in Games Workshop models, which is a super shame (something, something, they just pop out of the ground). So I had to get a non-GW model approved. She's not the BEST scale, but the idea is there and I like her. 
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones dwarf shaman/latest/77413

And lastly, due to my abysmal showing this week, I went all in and will be adding a Celestial Hurricanum, which Katalina will be riding on top of. This should be good....

And now! For the story of the week!

Spoiler

Grayla admired Captain Aeros. He was a man of good heart, he was well respected, and he was solid with his lance. What Grayla had quickly come to learn was that he was also a bit of a drunk and a monstrous flirt. After their first encounter with unfriendly Stormcast, the company had settled into to an uneasy first night in the swamps of Ghur. Despite the tension and fear of what lurked out in the wilds, drinks were flowing and merriment filled the air.

Grayla watched, quite amused, as another woman of the Freeguild regiment turned down Captain Aeros. He took it in stride, and even with a bit of a stumble in his step, he seemed ever the gentlemen. Grayla wondered if he would approach her next, but he was stopped by a very beautiful woman in sharp blue and white robes. At first, Grayla figured it was Katalina, surprised the mage was being so forward, but Grayla quickly realized this woman was no one from their company at all! The mystery woman quickly led Aeros out of the camp and out of sight. In a panic, Grayla sounded the alarm. The regiment quickly assembled as Grayla and the guards spotted the unconscious captain being carried away by an armored woman on a floating disc...

Grayla led the charge after the woman. The regiment was quickly loosing ground, even in a dead sprint, and they feared their captain was lost to them. But soon they found poor Aeros unconscious and lying in a field. The mystery woman was gone. The medics attended to their captain. Grayla pointed up towards the trees in horror.
            "By Sigmar...what...what are those!?"
            The forms of a dozen lithe and monstrous woman leapt down from the canopy, cackling maniacally.  The sounds of thunderous hooves came crashing from all around.
            "Ambush! Form up, form up!"

The Fatemistress smiled as she watched the Freeguild coalition scramble to weather the Slaaneshi charge. Plans up plans were set in motion, and she reveled at the thought of another pawn removed from the board, one way or another. She slipped into the darkness without a trace.

Without true leadership, the Freeguild were lost. Grayla did her best to organize, but in a blur the Slaaneshi hosts were upon them and their will to fight was lost. It was a slaughter, the screams of the butchered echoed into the night. Grayla's eyes could not leave the twisted, mutated, and lithe forms of the Chaos worshippers, the images of war and slaughter burnt into her mind. It was only through the single minded focus on slaughter did Grayla and Ori Bindstaff escape the ambush. They dragged the unconscious body of Captain Aeros with them through the forest and back to camp.

Grayla, Ori, Katalina, and a sobered Captain Aeros sat in silence in the command tent. A mix of fear, anger, regret, and sorrow filled the room. Katalina was first to speak.
            "This just proves that something is out there, there has to be a reliquary or an artifact of great power or..."

"This proves that this is madness!" interjected Captain Aeros, "We never should have come out here, not with this small of a host. We will return back to Storm Forge first thing in the morning..."

Silence crept over the tent again. It was Grayla who broke it.
            "The Lion does not back from the Maw of Chaos. Strike like Lightning, and Sigmar will be with us..."
            Captain Aeros sighed.

"Grayla...there is a time for honor and glory and..." He hung his head low. "But good men and woman are dead, because of me. No, I cannot."

Katalina growled.

"Then you will go! A portion of these supplies and equipment are mine, they stay with me. I am NOT turning back, not now, not like this. I don't care if I ride out alone."

Katalina stormed towards the entrance to the tent before looking back towards Ori Bindstaff.

"Ready all who would stand with me and push forward. We will get vengeance for those who were killed tonight. Ori...ready the Hurricanum."

• 5 weeks later...

Well, Path to Glory is over, the dust is settled and....I have, in part, failed. Not that it wasn't fun or enjoyable, in fact the opposite, but I did not complete the painting of my Warband in time, nor did I win much of ANY games... Awkward. BUT, I do have pictures of what I DID get done, as well as the conclusion to the short story of my poor Warband's origins. I like how it all turned out on the creative side, so I guess a win is a win.

A summary of my Path to Glory:
Round 1: Beat Stormcast, opponent was still very new so...probably only reason I won. 
Round 1.5: Got a friendly game against Tzeentch. Got wrecked. This inspired all of the mysterious Disc rider's involvement in the story.
Round 2: Slaanesh. SLAUGHTERED. Glad my characters have plot armor, I fear what horrible things would have happened to them. Not PG, I assume...
Round 3: Nurgle. First bout with Nurgle. SUPER close game, literally coming down to the last round die roll. Lots of fun.
Round 4: Nurgle #2. Another Nurgle player (new book attracted a few people). Another close game, ironically came down to a SUPER lucky roll with that cursed Nail of Nurgle.
Round 5: Opponent no-shows. A kinda lack luster end to the campaign, but hey, it is what it is. With only 1 win, I was nowhere near the top, so it was just as well. 

And now! The "epic" conclusion to the first adventure of the Coalition of the Stormfang!

Spoiler

Katalina's head swam with the flurry of emotions that struck her over the last hour. Her mind swirled in and out of consciousness as the echoes of desperation and homicidal laughter tore into the air around her. She lay there in the cold, slimy muck, her formal attire ruined and her skin caked with earth and shame.

Captain Aeros led his company on a fighting retreat. He had faced the forces of Chaos twice now, and nearly captured by a third host, and his courage had waned into nothing. This was nothing like the simple guard work back in Stormforge. He saw death, he saw monsters beyond his imagination, and even his skills as a leader and swordsman did nothing to turn the tide against him. Captain Aeros was lost.

He nearly had turned back and went home when Katalina stormed off. This was all madness and not worth the gold or the glory promised to him. But even packed and ready to return to the Realmgate, he knew he couldn't leave that mad woman to die in the swamplands of Ghur. He led his company after the hot headed wizard and found her just as horrid disaster strike. Putrid abominations of a so-called Plague God Nurgle swarmed around. He called for a retreat, to take everyone to safety, but damned Katalina Veltegra refused to retreat. Astride that bizarre chariot she called a Hurricanum, she swore to Aeros that a place of power was close, and if they could push through they would have all they could ever dream of. Her confidence was not instilled into Captain Aeros.

They pushed back wave after wave of gruesome monsters and cultists. The air swelled with bubbling muck and horrid stench, it alone was nearly too much to bear. But when victory nearly looked possible, a monstrous mass of rot and bile burst forth into the clearing. This Daemon broke the line with its impossible bulk, shattering Katalina's Hurricanum and sending good men and women screaming. All was lost at that moment. Captain Aeros sounded the retreat, and none questioned it.

Katalina pushed herself to her feet, her limbs stiff and sore. Around her lay the shattered remains of her Hurricanum, and the bodies of many of the Freeguild regiment that accompanied her. The stench of death and rot hung in the air as Katalina choked back a gasp of despair and a sob of horror. The mage was alone, all except for a soft voice on the wind and a bristle of magic in the air.

"Captain!" shouted Grayla, trying to keep pace with the hurried soldiers around her. "Captain, please, wait!"

Captain Aeros barely looked behind him at the young duardin.

"Not now, Grayla, we need to do what should have been done in the first place! I will not die in this swamp!"

"Captain Aeros, please, Katalina is missing!" The broken voice belonged to Ori Bindstaff.

The Captain stopped and turned to face the old wizard. The poor old man was in tears, his robes in tatters, and his face deathly pale.

"Please, sir. I know she is head strong, and stubborn, but she...I can't leave her, not like this."

Captain Aeros froze. He wanted to berate this man for his stupid apprentice, he wanted to scream in frustration and anger, but could not summon the courage to break down this old man.

"I... Ori, I am sorry. Katalina knew the risks, or...or maybe she didn't, but all of this was what she wanted. She wanted to find powers beyond imagining and wonders to behold, and she got her horrible daemons and wretched swamp. I am not risking any more lives for her."

The whole company had stopped and silence overtook the swamp. Moments crept by like molasses until singing broke the silence.

Grayla Forgeheart began to sing. She sang an old tavern song that everyone guard, worker, and citizen of Storm Forge knew. The little duardin sang out her heart with a song of courage, and togetherness, and of love and pride. Soon, the regiment started to sing with her, until a chorus of voices carved a swath of Azyrheim pride into the swamplands of Ghur.

Captain Aeros hung his head. He thought of going back to the Realmgate, but he knew that he might as well leave his badge, armor, and pride behind. He was a Captain of the Freeguild of Storm Forge, and a wizard was in his charge that needed his help now more than ever. The song reached a grand finale as Meleizan Aeros brought his head up again.

"Someone fetch me a horse, we have a companion to save!"

Katalina stalked through the muck as she followed the trace of magic through the reeds. She gasped as she came across a small break in the vegetation. Standing before her now was a shrine. The primal pulse of Ghur's magic flowed from its stone. Katalina had found something that she was sure would help unlocked Ghur's secrets to her.

"So, little one, you have found what you have sought."

The voice startled Katalina. She jerked around but saw nothing.

"I see in you your desires. You want power, knowledge, endless wisdom!"

"Who...who is out there?" stammered Katalina, backing up slowly into the stone ruins of the shrine.

"I am one who will show you your true destiny, little girl."

Katalina's eyes widened as a bright blue flame shown in the darkness of the swamp. It grew closer and closer, creating an outline of a tale, thin woman in blinding armor. The figure was wreathed in the blue flame, and floated on a shimmering disc. Katalina heard a pounding in her head, shaking with fear as the figure nearly breached the clearing. Katalina shirked away, trembling at the figure before her.

"Katalina!"

The voice and the man behind it broke through to the clearing. The battered and broken Captain Aeros burst from the wall of vegetation to the clearing with a triumphant flourish, despite the obvious weariness of both the rider and the horse.

The blue flame had vanished, as he the mysterious figure. Grayla and Ori stepped into the clearing shortly after. Katalina looked, speechless, to each of her three companions.

"Are you safe, my dear?" said Ori.

"Y-yes. Yes I think so." replied Katalina.

The younger mage slumped to her knees and began to cry.

"I'm sorry, by the Gods I am so sorry."

Grayla and Ori rushed to the poor woman's side. Captain Aeros gave a sorrowful sigh and dismounted from his horse. The duardin and old mentor comforted Katalina as Captain Aeros approached slowly. Katalina could not look into Captain Aeros's eyes as he sternly looked down at her.

"Lady Katalina Veltegra... By all accounts, this journey has been a disaster. But..." the Captain paused, his face softening as he extended his hand towards Katalina. "We still have a way to go, don't we, my lady?"

Katalina looked up at Captain Aeros in surprise as she took his hand. Her pulled her up so that they were eye to eye again.

"I do believe we have a lot of work ahead of us, Captain. And I couldn't have chosen a better partner for the journey."

Captain Aeros, Katalina, Grayla, and Ori all shared a smile.

Will post pictures and plans for the future in a moment.

Alright, here are some pictures of my Warband. Really need to get that lightbox built...

Overall Warband. Came out rather blurry...

20180220_234035.jpg.64ddff0b7a230741f4b20149fab6a787.jpg

Captain Meleizan Aeros.

5a8df9f288541_CaptainMeleizanAeros.jpg.709870a32633661f1dc7af293621523b.jpg

Lady Katalina Veltegra. The Dark Elf Sorceress worked out pretty well. Wanted more of a power effect to make the floating staff make sense. Sooo, guess it is a WIP. Also base...

5a8dfa0b05c96_KatalinaVeltegra.jpg.f96a3c6531613fa8906e0388e68dd826.jpg

And her Hurricanum!

20180220_234256.jpg.a1fafa435a26a3367b8cfdc29f177318.jpg

Good ole Grayla Forgeheart. First Reaper mini, NOT a fan of the texture, it was a pain to paint. Probably a technique to it, but it is what it is. If only GW made some female duardin...

5a8dfa7eefd27_GraylaForgeheart.jpg.97c1d23f8697c26512c79c7461854d71.jpg

Ori Bindstaff. A surprising favorite character, seeing as he wasn't in my original setup and was just the mage I had from the Hurricanum. Will use more of him down the line.

5a8dfab3382fd_OriBindstaff.jpg.13a96e3de6350f8db1c95e21d42f2123.jpg

And some closer pictures of the Warband.

Artillery.jpg.b7cca7e8c4a84b88ec6f423a7fd8d4e3.jpg

Freeguild.jpg.6636faa7723847cc03ecb84d71bf80a7.jpg

So there we are! This has been an interesting journey. I am super bad at maintaining consistent postings and content, but I am learning. I still have a good chunk of Empire stuff to paint up, and will pledge to finish the rest of this and actually have a full, painted army! 

For reference, the remaining models:

3 Demigryph Knights
20 Swordsmen
10 Handgunners
30 Halberdiers
Lord Ordinator
10 Liberators
Lord Castellent
and then potentially buying/converting up a: Steam Tank, Helstorm Rocket Battery (or several...), another engineer, and some Gyrocopters/bombers, depending on how hard I go into Ironweld Arsenal. Will post some progress on those stuff, and more news on my GRANDER plans for Age of Sigmar in the future. For now, I close this book and let it settle. Thank you all for taking a look, it has been fun.

Archived