The Purer Children of Tzeentch: Tzeentch Arcanites Plog

S133arcanite

I’ve started working on a large Tzeentch Arcanites force, and I’m using this plog as a way of keeping me regularly motivated.

The background for my army is fairly simple: my force belongs to The Children of X’enthos, a splinter cult of the Transient Form. Their previous Lord Of Change, X’enthos, was killed in Ulgu by Festis the Rotborn, a Nurgle lord, but his bones are kept in the cults lair. As a ritual, all of the cult wear armour carved from his titanic bones, and, staying true to the Transient Form, believe that becoming a Tzaangor is the purest way of worshipping Tzeentch.  

Their colour scheme is purple skin for the Tzaangors and bone armour for everything. My spot colours are dark red and brilliant green.

Will get some photos in quickly??

19 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Nice work! I really like this contrast between purple and other colors. Although purple is more associated with Slaanesh :)

Thanks, I tried to use some colour theory while designing it. One of the reasons its purple is in the Tzeentch battletome it mentions that some of the arcanite cults were responsible for the disappearance of slaanesh and know where he is now.

This leads to another part of my backstory: that the change-obsessed Children of X'enthos developed a way of temporarily changing their appearance, and the original cultists and Tzaangors did so to infiltrate Slaaneshi fortresses. The modern cult shares their appearance so as to pay homage to their ancestors.

I've been doing some more work on the Tzaangors, and have invented a few names and backstory for the heroes. Will get pictures by tomorrow.

Fra'gor'anth, Gaunt Summoner. Known as the Omniscient Oracle, Fra'gor'anth is a powerful individual, known for his powerful gift at manipulating appearances. It was him and a select group of Apprentices that allowed the infiltration of countless Slaaneshi strongholds, most notable of which is the Marcher Fortress.

Charkast, Tzaangor Shaman. Charkast is rumored to have been born under the Crimson Eclipse in Ulgu, an incredibly rare event in which one of the Black Suns of Ulgu and the White Suns of Hysh shine through the Scarlet Realmgate, and beings born at the very spot are rumored to be blessed in dark and deadly magic.

The Flameborn, Ogroid Thaumaturge. Little is known about this elusive being, but it is whispered in hushed tones by the Duardin of Caengan Lodge that he was born from the still-hot body of a dying Magmadroth.

The Nine Apprentices, a selection of nine magisters. Each one is a great sorcerer in their own right, but all pay homage to Fra'gor'anth.

Terin and Niret, Curselings. Known as the Twin Inquisitors, these two Curselings are powerless on their own, as Terin possesses only one half of the necessary ingredients to cast spells, while Niret possesses only the other, but together, they make for a fearful pair of wizards.

Archived